- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We turned off the interstate to take route 169/147 (North Shore Drive) because we wanted to visit the ghost town of St Charles, which was submerged under Lake Mead at full capacity. The town has been exposed again due to the ongoing drought and lower lake levels. However, the road to the town site was closed due to severe rains over the previous days. In fact, there were several places south of Overton where there was still water flowing over the road although the skies had long been clear. It is about the same distance to Vegas as on the interstate and there is no truck traffic to contend with, but plan on about three times longer to make the trip along North Shore due to lower speed limits, hills, curves, and stretches of rough pavement.Written 11 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a wonderful return drive through the Mt. Charleston area and Highway 158. There are nice vista views of the desert and mountains. This time we were there June 2018 on a warm sunny 80 degree day.Written 24 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- These few reviewers are actually describing North Shore Drive (see listing). The "bath tub ring" left by the high water mark of Lake Mead is visible along the start of the drive, but mostly the water is out out sight beyond and below the hills the highway wanders through. It is about the same distance to Overton as on the interstate (roughly 50 miles) but it seems more like 150 because of lower speed limits, long hills, and rough pavement. Two points of interest along the route are the Valley of Fire state park and the Lost City museum.Written 11 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Las Vegas
- These places are best for scenic drives in Las Vegas:See more scenic drives in Las Vegas on Tripadvisor