Top Attractions in Minneapolis
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- The park is easy to reach from downtown by public transport. It is clean and save. We walked around for two hours and saw the waterfall and the bridge. Nice place for a picnick of BBQ or just a walk!BWritten 7 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Interesting collections from Asian and European art to contemporary and modern American artists. Had the luxury of spending hours meandering through the galleries.Written 13 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice place for a stroll or picnic to appreciate sculptures and pleasant views of Minneapolis. This park is adjacent to the Walker Arts complex.Written 19 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- OMG, Best place on earth. Delta 360 sky view is amazing. Beutiful Ballpark. Could not be better!!!!!!!!!!Written 7 September 2022
- Beautiful Park. I loved the Pagan Festival. The park is huge and so green. Being from Phoenix. I loved all the trees. I cant wait come back and explore more.Written 10 September 2022
- We visited here at the recommendation of a park ranger that was stationed near the lock and dam, at Stone arch bridge. At first view, it sounds like a museum about the history of flour would be boring, but it definitely was NOT! There were several interactive areas which was great for both adults and kids. Our 4 year old enjoyed the water lab, baking area, and the giant elevator with videos. The tour guides were all very enthusiastic and engaging.
Plenty of metered parking out front. Quick walk to the Stone Arch bridge.Written 5 September 2022
- We went to see the architecture of the public spaces and the views of the Mississippi and skyline. Well worth the stop. Would have liked to see a show, but time didn't permit.Written 13 September 2022
- Excellent place to bike, walk, sail, kayak, paddleboard, swim and enjoy all the beauty that is Minneapolis. Great place for people watching, local wildlife, getting a snack and reconnecting with nature!Written 6 August 2022
- We had a nice walk around Lake Harriet - a short walk as one of our party had limited mobility but it was flat and had easy paths with a lot of shade. We saw families swimming in the lake and there are also paddle boards/canoes to hire. And a cafe which is ok for a snack and drink.Written 16 July 2022
- ASI is really just a restored mansion formerly belonging to one of Minneapolis' most famous Swedish - American citizens, Swan Turnblad. Nice way to spend a couple of hours while on vacation, but I thought there would be more than just touring a mansion.Written 6 September 2022
- This was so convenient. We were at the conference center but had events at nearby hotels. We could get there without ever going outside. There are bridges connecting many, many buildings all around downtown.Written 28 June 2022
- Good trip. We arrived at approximately 9 am and made our way inside the church. The church was massive and contained an impressive amount of intricate detail. The design and sculptures that we saw were exquisite and portrayed a beautiful story. We managed to take several pictures of both the interior and exterior of the church. My one and only complaint is that I wish the church provided guided tours like the Cathedral of Saint Paul does. I feel like I would have enjoyed my visit and learned so much if that were the case. Parking was also a little tricky to find, as we had to park on the side of the freeway.
Tip: I recommend spending 15 minutes here if you truly want to see everything (longer if you plan on attending mass)Written 31 August 2022
- Good trip. We arrived at approximately 8 pm and made our way towards the trail surrounding the lake. There were multiple parking spots available around the circumference of the lake. We walked a portion of the trail, that had unobstructed views of the lake all around us. We also watched the sunset from the location as well.
Tip: I recommend spending 30 minutes here (more if you want to walk the entire length of the trail)Written 22 July 2022
- Beautiful lake, good walking and biking trails. Extra fun to see the large fancy houses nearby. If you’re in the city and need some green space, it is here!Written 17 April 2022
- Recently,I returned to Minneapolis and I spent three hours enjoying the Museum of Russian Art.I saw fine paintings from the permanent collection by these 20th Century Russian Painters;Mikhailo Khmelko("Motherland Greets A Hero"),Stanislaus Kreiz("On Native Shores"),Akhmed Kitaev("Among The Birch Trees"),Dmitri Kantorov("Falling Icarus"),and Valery Yershov("Gorbachev").I enjoyed the paintings of these Russian painters realizing their creativity was somewhat suppressed.
I saw impressive Contemporary Russian Art temporarily on display by Lenoid Sukov("Lenin and Giacometti"),Natalia Nesterova("Pastries"),and Ludmila Belova("Pastorale"),among others.
There also was a fine exhibit of photography depicting Americans living and working in Siberia.
in short,the Museum of Russian Art is a less discovered treasure in the Twin Cities.Written 2 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Minneapolis