Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Traverse City
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Had a great stay at the Cambria Hotel. They offer shuttle service to Front St. We used that several times. Easy and convenient. Enjoyed Front St. The pizza place Paesanos has rooftop seating which was perfect as the day was beautiful. Also recommend the whiskey tasting at Grand Traverse Distillery. The cherry whiskey and cherry vodka were fantastic. Also enjoyed watching football at the Thirsty Fish Sports Grille. We ate breakfast all weekend at the Round house. Small restaurant expect a small wait, but great service and food was good.
All in all a great weekend getaway with friends.Written 26 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We’ve been to many of the Michigan wineries, but we enjoyed more of the wines we tasted at Brys Estate. The tasting room was absolutely beautiful and one of the most intimate wine experiences we’ve had thus far. We look forward to returning in the future.Written 3 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We drove to the lighthouse during the middle of summer while on vacation. The lighthouse wasn't open so cannot review the inside. Outside was very cute and located right above a nice beach. There was plenty of parking available.Written 2 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic weekend!! My husband and I were at their bed and breakfast over the weekend to celebrate my birthday! There was a Fire And Ice Festival and Dinner which was wonderful! Everyone there went out of their way to make sure that everything was spectacular! We highly recommend this beautiful place for a memorable experience!❤️Written 29 January 2023
- What a view!! This was our second stop on a winery tour and we're so glad they were on the tour! We had a personal winery guide who gave us great recommendations (Mike at The Magic Shuttle Bus) and let us just take our time enjoying the tastings, the awesome view and conversation with the great staff. We are sorry Lucy wasn't there to pet and hope to meet her next time! We will definitely go back to this winery. What a special place!Written 22 November 2022
- As we drove the Old Mission Peninsula all the way to the top, we noted that we wanted to stop at Chateau Grand Traverse on our way back to Traverse City. My wife went in to find out the particulars of where our dog was allowed, and then we were met on the beautiful patio by one of the staff who explained the wines to us in great detail. We each had one glass, but I could have spent the entire afternoon there in the quiet of the patio. Before leaving we went into the winery and gift shop and bought souvenirs and many bottles of wine that we both enjoyed on the remainder of our trip as well as saving some to enjoy at home.
Wonderful place. I hope to go back some day and spend more time there.Written 21 October 2022
- Best collection I've seen of Inuit art outside of Alaska. Well displayed and very original and exciting pieces. I was very impressed.Written 6 August 2022
- For commuting, shopping, or errands, we use the TART trail five days a week and find it a jewel of the Traverse City community.Written 23 July 2021
- We went on a tour which was well worth our time and provided a great deal of enjoyment. Cindy provided valuable information about this “micro distillery”. At the end we were given a menu to select the various products we wanted to try. Wow! Upon leaving we were each given sipping glasses to take home.
I’m proud to be a Michigander and say that these quality products are created in my state.
Don’t miss this opportunity to visit the distillery!Written 18 October 2022
- We lucked out and found parking in Lot C across Bay Street. It cost $1.25 an hour to park. There was a tunnel you could walk through to access the beach (under the very busy street).
There is a concession stand and bathrooms. There is sand... Not tons... But enough. Beyond the sand is grass. Watch out for the droppings. Then beyond the grass is sidewalk that many were biking on.
The water was quite clean despite the reviews claiming sewage dumps. We lucked out and snagged a couple of the adirondack chairs that were there. The water was cold but you got used to it. It was quite refreshing on such a hot day.
We stayed for a couple of hours then walked to Front street to have lunch. Very close to all the shops and eateries on Front street.
Would definitely recommend. Dog friendly in certain areas.Written 23 July 2022
- What a fun atmosphere! Went with family and stayed a while. They offer sampling flights and wine by the glass. Don’t forget to add on truffles with your wine. Friendly staff and very helpful.Written 1 November 2022
- Very picturesque winery in an old school house with outdoor seating as well. $15 tasting gets you four 2oz pours of wine or $10/six ciders. The grapes are grown on the peninsula and Riesling, Gewurztraminer are their specialties. We opted for wine tasting and were not disappointed. Prices a bit high but on par with the area.Written 11 June 2022
- Visited Mari Vineyards for the first time while on vacation. We both enjoyed a tasting while taking in the beautiful views. I did think the flights were more expensive than other vineyards we stopped into. Spent the end of our visit sitting in the Adirondack chairs, enjoying the warm weather, and scenic views. If I went again, I'd just get a glass of wine vs ordering a flight.Written 2 January 2023
- We were amazed how beautiful Grand Traverse Bay is, as well as the entire UP.
Beautiful views, magnificent colors. What a state!Written 17 October 2022
- At the top of the peninsula, this is one of the more modern wineries I have been too. The building is overlooking the lake on top of a hill with all glass walls. We were able to sneak in without having reservations for a tasting, but highly recommended as space is limited. They had preselected flights to choose from both dry and sweet. We ended up not leaving with a bottle, but quickly regretted it and came back for the bottle of the Riesling. Beautiful place, and great place to go with a group.Written 15 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Traverse City
- The best outdoor activities in Traverse City according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails
- Clinch Park
- Grand Traverse Bay
- Secret Garden at Brys Estate
- The Botanic Garden
- The best day trips from Traverse City according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- 5-Hour Traverse City Wine Tour: 4 Wineries on Leelanau Peninsula
- Designated Driver TC - We Drive Your Car For Wine Tours
- Daily Tours to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- The most popular things to do in Traverse City with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Two Brothers Sailing Adventures
- Nauti-Cat Cruises
- Tall Ship Manitou - Day Tours
- Wind Sailing
- Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails
Traverse City Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 4:30 a.m.|