Top Attractions in Kaysersberg
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Quite an easy walk with steps gets you to the château ruins and reveals beautiful view of the city. Several more steps brings you to to top of the tower for more distant views.Written 9 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a surprise we did not expect. A very nice church, with a humble entrance (nice stone carvings) and many interesting statues inside. Like the gigantic Christ figure that's hanging in the middle, the beautiful depiction of the way of the cross above the altar, and the many other old statues, like the Saint (Fridolin?) with the little figure with a skull for a head.Written 4 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a charming shop/studio where you can see artisans blowing glass and making various objets d'art from it. The demo is free. The attached shop sells these unique creations.Written 4 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The fountain is nice. But it's actually the beautiful house behind it that's the eye-catcher here. One of the most beautiful ones around. Nice little shop inside.Written 4 November 2020
- The advantage of visiting the Alsace in the summer the houses are nicely decorated with flower boxes. However, Kaysersberg full of beautiful homes but Maison Loewert has an exceptional style situated in the center of Kaysersberg. Below is the boulangerie (bakery). If you walk through the center, this would be the first thing that cathed your eyes.Written 5 September 2019
- Kaysersberg is one of the loveliest villages you could hope to see and a visit to the tourist office is a good way to maximise your visit to the town and to the region. It is situated in the attractive Hotel de Ville and it is worth noting that if you go through the nearby archway, you can find the pathway that leads through the vineyards and up to the fort.Written 30 August 2019
- A bridge with a very nice view of the little river and the typical half-timbered houses with their cheerful colours.Written 4 November 2020
- There is no doubt that Mr Schweitzer is one of the most famous and influential figures of relatively modern history, and this museum does really well in outlining his life and achievements.
To be honest however, I could read all about that in books or on-line, and the actual museum left me a tad cold. What I really liked here was the sense of history, and becoming acutely aware that wherever you stand in this house, or in the garden, or just outside the front door, you are literally standing in the footsteps of this little boy who became so famous.
Perhapsy I'm a bit of a romantic, but I love to think that young Master Schweitzer saw pretty much the same view as we can enjoy today when he went outdoors to meet and play with his friends in the village.Written 29 August 2019
- Wandering around in Kaysersberg you will see everywhere almost the same houses, but this building is a remarkable one built-in 1593-1594. I even didn't notice, but everyone is focusing their camera to this building, so I thought uh this must be the famous house in Kaysersberg.Written 5 September 2019
- A nice little museum (for free), with some old sculptures (wooden) and some historic facts about the region.Written 6 August 2019
- Easily missed an important place of remembrance and thinking about peace, war, life and death. The place has some quotes that are very enlightening.Written 9 July 2022
- Chocolaterie Strackar is a boutique chocolate shop that serves specialty chocolates. If you are a fan of chocolate truffles, bars, etc., you should check it out.
Of note here is that they also serve a delicious soft serve ice cream for 2€. The chocolate-vanilla swirl I enjoyed was far better than the usual powdery-mix soft serve I have had elsewhere.Written 28 August 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Kaysersberg
- The best day trips from Kaysersberg according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Alsace 4 Wonders Small-Group Day Trip from Colmar
- Day trip: Colmar, Haut-Koenigsbourg, Riquewihr and Kaysersberg
- Day trip: Ribeauvillé, Riquewihr, Kaysersberg, Eguisheim
- Alsace 4 Wonders Private Full Day Trip
- Safari-Tour Castle and vineyard, 1/2 day afternoon;