- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This historic building on Main Street (at Seminary Street) has the first two floor filled with antiques. It is generally a fairly neat, tidy place as an antique store. Some parts have narrow aisles, but one can get around easily. There are usually several people around that you can ask for help. (Don't come at ten minutes before closing. Many workers will have already gone home and the few left need to leave to go back to their families. This is a big place and you will need an hour or two if you want to view all the antiques.)
Most of the third floor is filled with History of Galesburg exhibits. Sadly, many exhibits are about the big businesses that no longer are in Galesburg.Written 1 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Activities and beautiful art work can be found in this fun glass studio. Go take a class, or buy a gift for a friend or family. Much can be found behind the windows full of stained glass.Written 4 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Always something going on at the Civic Art Center. Shows for all tastes, Art classes and a wonderful gift show of artist near and far. In Feb was the world renowned BOWLS OF SOUP fund raiser. Keep and eye out for next year, Get a hand made ceramic bowl and your choice of about 20+ wonderful soup made by local chefs.Written 4 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A meandering store with numerous rooms packed to the gills with lots of early 20th century furniture and accoutrements. Lots of cabinets and dressers. Amiable and knowledgeable owner on site. Upstairs area has a limited array of architectural salvage, including many doors, grates, smaller cast iron decorative pieces, trim pieces and salvaged wood. Worth the stop if you're in town.Written 2 July 2017
- You have to try the popcorn here, cool place, vintage building fixed up nice, prices are good, you can mix and match,make it a stop when your in townmWritten 31 December 2019
- I am a Galesburg native and Dovetail is an amazing shop! It changes so often I can always find something new! Beautiful artwork in a bright and well kept shop!Written 25 May 2016