- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- always very clean. Staff is very friendly. The music is very entertaining. all the staff treats all senior citizens great.Written 25 July 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Decided to take an almost 2 hour drive to check out Snowman's Reindeer Farm near Canton Illinois. Unfortunately our own personal time availability and the restricted visiting days/times of the farm meant the only time we were able to visit was the 5:30-7:30pm on a friday which meant traversing the back country roads at dusk and arriving at the farm at dark. *Tip: Make sure you have GPS , a navigator, or at the very least, a map , because there is no simple path to get there!
Open visitation is allowed mostly on weekends beginning in November and running through Christmas and requires an entrance fee (ours was $7 per person) that includes petting and feeding the animals, arts and craft stations, visiting Santa, plus tons of photo opportunities.They also have special events (reservations required) one of which is their Christmas Eve event in which your child can meet Santa before his infamous flight and, for an additional cost, he'll even present your child with a gift! Tickets for the small train ride for the kiddies are $3. Parking is free, staff will direct you as you arrive as to where to park and then where to exit when it is time to leave.
Most everything is found in various buildings closely situated to each other so they are open rain, snow or shine and not alot of walking is required. Alot of caution is taken in the care of the animals... hand sanitizer is found at every building/station and foot "baths" (bleach water puddles) are strategically placed to prevent the spread of diseases from Hands and Footwear. *Tip: cuff up long pants before walking through the foot baths to prevent bleach from getting on them.
Most everything is wheelchair accessible but there are restrictions on service animals as reindeer are prey animals and frighten very easily of other animals especially dogs. So if you have a service animal just notify the staff at the visitor's entrance and they can assist you.
Everything is Old country Christmas charming and photo ops are everywhere.... there are plenty of opportunities to pet and feed the reindeer or the little donkeys in multiple buildings or just watch them frolic in the outdoor pens. Staff is plentiful, very knowledgable about each animal, and very very friendly and welcoming! The gift shop prices are usual for such places (some items pricey, some not) as well as the snack bar where you can buy Hot cocoa, coffee, cider and cookies.
Final Assessment?.... Great for the kiddies, Fun and informative for Adults and makes for a great new family Christmas tradition! Would advise that your first trip being during daylight hours but other Than that well worth the trip!Written 7 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cold beer, fun atmosphere, kind bartenders. Live music, pool tables, dart tournaments. Beer garden for smokers.Written 23 May 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.