- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This was the first covered bridge I’ve seen. It was a nice peaceful spot, but I would not go out of your way to see it.Written 13 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Was in the area and someone recommended this trail - I was so happy they did. It was a beautiful day and it was a nice walk, the trail is flat and easy to walk and it’s very scenic. It wasn’t crowded when I went but I imagine it must get packed.Written 9 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went on a Friday to avoid crowds. You buy the tickets ahead online. The process was small. This is a great covid safe activity. It was very cute for my 2 year old.Written 16 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- John always has new and beautiful works of art to choose from. The colors are so rich and interesting. His pieces are so functional as well. I find myself reaching for them time and time again for serving or dining. His lamps are really charming and add character to a room.Written 16 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Happiest Paddler is a waterfront marina that rents watercraft for Lake Pocotopaug. It's right along the main drag on the lake. They rent canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, and paddle boards, as well as offer party boat and slide rentals.
Lake Pocotopaug is one of Connecticut's largest inland bodies of water, over 500 acres. We rented a two-person kayak for an hour and even though we never stopped paddling, we still couldn't cover the entire lake in an hour. It's a beautiful, large lake that can be enjoyed by plenty of boaters and beach-goers. We also rented a two-person paddleboat for an hour, which of course goes much slower, so we barely covered any territory, but it was quite fun and relaxing.
Rentals included life vests and the appropriate oars/paddles.
The website has plenty of details on the type of watercraft they rent and their prices.
The staff (which on the day we visited, consisted of one woman and one man) was extremely helpful and friendly, and generally seemed very happy to be doing what they were doing. They did recommend we leave all valuables in our car, including cameras and cell phones. We did this, and they have a place behind the desk to keep car keys safe while you're out on the lake (no charge).
This is definitely a little gem on the lake, and we already have plans to return later this summer to try the stand-up paddleboarding.Written 8 July 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.