- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
93 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 93
What travellers are saying
- Great service from airport to downtown. Just over 30 minutes and 20 dollars.
Very easy to use.
A few dodgy characters dealing drugs and quite a few loons on the train. Not harmful but not great.Written 21 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I google mapped out my options for doing a weekday ski trip from downtown Denver to eldora ski resort. It was a great deal requiring me to purchase a airport regional day pass. In my case I used one of the city buses and the driver made a friendly remark to me when I hopped on with my skis then I caught a long distance bus heading to downtown boulder these buses were better equipped to store my skis in a lower compartment. The final leg I took the nb2 to eldora ski resort I actually caught the 3:00pm return bus not wanting to be stranded if there was no roomWritten 9 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- These free busses up and down 16th street, from union station, is a great service for anyone visiting town. Right now, because of work on 16th, the busses detour to 17th going one way and 15th going the other wayWritten 24 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I loved this trip so much, I couldn't wait for ride back to Denver. Read on for more details but in summary, the comfort and relaxation were unexpectedly profound and the views during the height of the fall color were beyond amazing.
We did a round trip from Denver to Glenwood Springs, CO (about 5-6 hours long).
Unfortunately, Amtrak's site's FAQs don't cover a lot, so here are a few things we learned. We did not opt for a sleeper car because this was just a day trip and paid about 75$ each for the round-trip ticket. When buying tickets online, I recall requesting the upper level but our tickets didn't seem to have any indication of this. We managed to sit upstairs both times but I'm not sure what would happen if the train were full (it was fairly empty on the way there and about halfway full on the way back). We didn't see any bags searched but the company states random searches are possible. There are warnings to wear a mask, etc. for COVID protocol but nothing was strictly enforced.
Bathrooms are shockingly old and neglected but cleaned as much as is possible imo. There were about 14-15 cars total on our journey and the food car is in the middle. There's an adequate selection of things like halfway decent cheeseburgers, yogurt, chips, airplane-size liquor bottles and beer, donut holes and more and prices aren't cheap but not much of a gouge overall.
There is no comparison in overall/legroom with an airplane and many people traveling further were sleeping on two seats. Temperature was cool and some might want to travel with a blanket.
You will travel through over 40 tunnels (one way) through the mountains--one of them is the Moffat tunnel which is 6.2 miles and takes 15 minutes to clear. You will follow the Colorado River for at least half the trip, and that includes hugging ledges of significant height (spectacular views!) and I was surprised that the train probably doesn't exceed 40 mph.
My suggestion is to request the last car because you can stand in the back at the window for a great vantage point when exiting the tunnels and additional 180-degree+ views that are unobstructed.
Be prepared: we were scheduled to arrive back in Denver around 6:30 pm but arrived an hour late because they were taking on another train car. The process of backing into Denver's Union Station to do so was like molasses but the conductors each way were good about keeping us informed of our schedule. The sound system is sketchy, sometimes difficult to hear.
On the way to GS, it was a Saturday and many people were on the Colorado River fishing, in boats, etc. We didn't know it's some kind of tradition to moon the train as it goes by but we lost count of the moons there were that many lol.
This would be a wonderful trip for a family, even those with small children. I noticed a much more isolated section below where some babies and toddlers were free to make as much noise as they want without disturbing the people sleeping on our level.
After taking this train, I would interested in going somewhere else by Amtrak but I would make sure our timetable was flexible just in case of delays.Written 19 October 2020
- Fast and inexpensive way to travel from airport to downtown Denver. About 45 minutes to Union Station.Written 23 September 2022
- Tina Marie is my spirit animal, she was the best driver! Full of knowledge and just a joy to drive with. A.J crushed the routing and saved us a boatload of time!Written 4 December 2022
- We had an amazing experience with Epic Mountain Express...Wonderful and efficient drivers and coordination. I was travelling with my husband and 9 y/o son. Totally comfortable and overall smooth.
All the staff members were friendly professional and cheerful. Noteworthy staff: Zeke and his supervisor at the Denver airport made the onboarding so smooth. *David Putnam drove us on Christmas Day to the airport and was wonderful!
We booked through Beaver Creek Reservations...there was a communication issue from Beaver Creek to Epic when our flight was delayed...so best to communicate such changes with Epic directly, but upon arrival Epic Mountain Express was so graciously accommodating to try to get us on the next shuttle.
Our bus did break down on the way, but Epic efficiently arranged for another bus in about 20 mins and transferred our luggage without issue. Wifi wasn't working on the rides, but no biggie as the scenery was great!
We received texts for both trips from and to Denver and the service was otherwise on-time and excellent.
For transport from Denver's airport to Beaver Creek, would definitely try Epic again. Recommended!!Written 27 December 2021
- We had a trip from Denver to Vail and a week later Vail to Denver , the driver was very profesional and the pick up time on both trips was on time .
The suburban was on excellent condition AAA service VIP serviceWritten 4 April 2021
- This tour was so much fun. We went to Breckenridge, the continental divide and red rocks. Red rocks is a cardio experience! Harley was a great tour guide and is very knowledgeableWritten 4 December 2022
- Denver Airport Transportation service was fantastic! Being in the travel business, I would highly recommend them to all my clients. We arrived late at night from flying international and Jamal and the driver was on top of our flight arrival and called the moment we arrived notifying us where to meet and when. We were treated like VIPs with welcoming driver (was dressed professional) and enjoyed his conversation. Finding a transportation company that is safe and efficient is a rare thing these days. We are very fortunate to have Jamal and his company in our state. Cheers...Written 17 October 2022
- Kind driver, clean car, on time. Very careful with our suitcases and supplies, offered water and chargers, and a comfy safe drive! Good advice on the airport itself and the area as well.Written 3 April 2021
- Our driver was Jared and he was AMAZING!! Super knowledgeable, kind and fun. We enjoyed our tour!!!!Written 25 November 2022
- I can't wait until next season to go again and bring the whole family. We lucked out with a beautiful sunny spring day. The train is very comfortable, the observation cars are fantastic, the staff is exceptionally warm and welcoming and a great source of information on all of the scenery and points of interest along the way. It is a real bargain and you don't have to deal with driving, parking etc. 5 STARS!Written 22 April 2022
- Dale was great to work with! He was honest and helpful and I was confident in their service. Would definitely use them again in the futureWritten 8 November 2022
- Definitely a fun experience, did the tour last time I was in Denver too. Tons of treats :)
Got to see the grow process as well as stop by some dispensaries, would recommendWritten 3 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Denver
- These experiences are best for transportation in Denver:
- Private Arrival Transfer - from Denver Airport (DEN)
- Private Car Service from Denver Int'l Airport (DEN) to Vail or Beaver Creek
- Private Departure Transfer to Denver Airport (DEN)
- Private Transfer to Red Rocks
- Private Arrival Transfer - Denver International Airport (DEN)
- These are the best places for couples seeking transportation in Denver:See more transportation for couples in Denver on Tripadvisor