- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I like that this museum put effort into showing Colorado's diversity with its exhibits. The exhibits tell the history of the state as well as its cultural history. They also try to be balanced with their perspectives, i.e. telling both sides of the story.Written 15 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Center for Colorado Women
This house belong to the Byers in 1883. I took more pictures but here are a few. Mrs Byers organized the first American Red Cross in Denver. She was instrumental in women’s rights.Written 9 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The historic artifacts are mostly things you'd see in other museums of the West, though they do add to the story of the Black Americans who lived with them. For me, the best part of this interesting little museum was the rows of photos that line the walls. Be sure to read the captions; they'll give you a much better idea of the peoples' lives and achievements.Written 16 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The only reason I do not rate this place as Excellent is because it is so tiny that, even as the displays are fantastic, there is very little to see, and hardly enough to warrant the place being called a museum. It might be better titled Casa de las Americas, to lessen the expectation of the visitor, and the deception.. What is on display is interesting though. The place is located in Denver's so-called art district, with lots of little galleries and many interesting murals. The Uber driver recommended I visit the place during the day and said this is a no-go place after dark.Written 11 October 2022
- i spent a wonderful hour or so viewing the exhibits, talking with Penny, the Education Director, about their programs. Really enjoyed the art, especially the oral histories on video, very rich experience of Jewish culture!Written 25 January 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Denver
- These are the best places for budget-friendly history museums in Denver:See more budget-friendly history museums in Denver on Tripadvisor