Top Attractions in Templeton
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- What a lovely tasting experience to wrap up our weekend in Paso! We really enjoyed the variety of olive oils and balsamic vinegars, and Kierra gave us so many delicious ideas for how to use them from salad dressing and roasting veggies to more unexpected options like seasoning popcorn or over vanilla ice cream. The garden setting was perfect, too. We'll be back next time we come to town!Written 25 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did not have a reservation and it was within an hour of closing time on a Thursday. Fortunately there was room for two at the tasting bar. The woman who offered the tasting-I believe her name was Michelle, couldn’t have been more accommodating. We were so blown away by their selection of wines we went way over our budget- and it was worth every penny! We now have wine on hand for the holidays- and we’re bringing a special bottle to our kids who have recently moved to Colorado. Highly recommend this Vineyard.Written 30 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loved the rural setting with vineyards, oak trees, and an old school house. We were greeted by Finely, the constantly moving vineyard pup, immediately after getting out of the car. The tasting are outdoors only (mask required until seated), but it is so lovely that is where you want to be. A nice Counoise based rose, two Zins, a Malbec and a Cabernet Sauvignon were bought out in 4 oz servings that we poured. These was minimal conversation from the server, but we enjoyed being left on our own to sip wine, chat, and soak in the ambience. The Bailey Zinfandel was my clear favorite, although all of the wines were well made and at reasonable price points ($28 to 50). Great place to chill in Templeton!Written 21 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had been given this recommendation from the team at Turley and we loved it!! Great wines and super friendly staff. Personal favorites- cab and petit Syrah. Went back for a repeat before we left!!Written 30 October 2019
- We had never visited Epoch, but knew people that had and raved about the place. Plus, we had consumed some of the wine and knew we liked it. Compared to some of the other wineries, Epoch is a bit further out Hwy 46 toward the ocean. They are located is a lovely mountain area where you feel completely away from everything.
I contacted Epoch about doing an elevated visit and tasting. We wound up doing a production tour and tasting. The tour was interesting and gave a great behind scenes look at how they make and age their wines.
After the tour we did the tasting. It very casual and we were walked through each wine by our dedicated tasting team member (who also took us on the tour).
Highly recommend making a reservation for your visit. This way Epoch can have a a tasting team member dedicated to you and your group. A regular tasting you can book on-line. Anything elevated, you need to contact them.
We enjoyed their wines do much, we are now members and looking forward to our first shipment.Written 16 July 2022
- Happened upon this winery during a recent visit to Paso area. It's up on a hill with nice views of the 46 and nearby wineries. Wines were solid. They also have a bistro with some tasty food. Enjoyed the choose plate with my wine. Pet-friendly - a must. And they honored a walk-in which is great because advanced reservations for tasting should be banned and they ruin the spontaneity of the wine discover experience. A sad outgrowth of Covid. Oh and the staff was attentive and fun to talk to.Written 2 November 2022
- This is a wonderful winery. Great wines, nice tasting room. It is one of the oldest in the area, I believe. Staff are all knowledgeable and friendly. While you are there you have to take time to visit the llamas. The staff gave us a cut up apple to feed them and it was so much fun. Mom is a little shy but her son is quite outgoing. The whole experience was wonderful and made our day.Written 28 December 2018
- Jack Creek Farms is a really cute and fun little roadside stand for fresh vegetables and produce. We took our granddaughters do you go explore what they had there. We thoroughly enjoyed looking over the pumpkins but make sure you are aware they sell them by the pound. It turned out it was less expensive for us to buy them at trader Joe’s. The farmstand however, was great fun!Written 5 March 2020
- Had a blast doing a wine tasting with the owner and wine maker. It was completely evident this guy loved making wine and couldn’t care less about how others fell he should be making wine.
Great wine. A must stop for Zin lovers everywhere.Written 3 July 2019
- We stopped here while on a wine tour and boy are we glad we did. This was by far one of the best wineries we went to all day. The woman behind the tasting bar was so friendly and really knowledgable about the wine. Two of my friends did the wine and cheese pairing and LOVED that! I was excited that they had a large assortment of sparkling wine since I'm not a huge wine drinker. This winery does some yummy sparkling wines and a great Zin since my friends bought and entire case!! Besides the wine it is so much fun to get to hit golf balls into the vineyard. This winery was a lot of fun and I'm really glad our tour guide suggested it.Written 2 July 2014
- This was a great stop for wine. It is off the hwy 46 and was very lovely. We did a full tasting and enjoyed our time visiting with Justin and Jose. Became wine club members with their dessert/ specialty wines. This is one of the oldest wineyards in Paso.Written 20 September 2018
- Maybe the best wines in the Paso area, but tucked away from the others. Full of flavor, rich and not a fruity bomb. Templeton Gap is the new area to watch in Paso.Written 12 July 2021
- I highly recommend Bella Luna! The tasting was wonderful and all of the employees were clearly extremely dedicated and enthusiastic about their wines and work. Chris did our tasting and even showed us around the winery as well as the inner workings of the winery. The wines were wonderful and the property is gorgeous. You should definitely pay them a visit! You'll be happy you did.Written 1 September 2022
- I cannot say enough about the experience we had at Hansen Winery. The setting was perfect, the wine was exceptional, but the company of the winemaker was what made the experience so special. Bruce treated us like family, telling old tales, having us gather around to hear about his wine and stories, and ribbing my husband (who totally deserved it). No one wanted to leave the company of our new found favorite, we will return and we will drink more wine! Cheers!Written 1 April 2018
A diamond in the rough. This was a great find unknown to most.
Of all the wineries in Paso Robles this is the one you want to visit.
The owner Ishka and his right hand woman booking agent for the winery Margaret are a phenomenal pair.
We booked many wineries prior to coming to Paso Robles but upon arriving still had a spot open on Sunday morning. We were referred by another winery to make sure we saw Guyomar winery. To our great surprise we were accepted and an appointment was set for 10:30 am. We arrived at Guyomar winery and were greeted by 2 elephants guarding the front gates. We would find that these elephants represented the body and spirit of the philosophy of the owners. The vineyard was meticulously manicured.
We were to learn the the vineyards were dry farmed. This increases the stress and decreases the volume increasing the intensity of the wines we were about to taste.
Then came the wines, OMG.
Ishka then provided the personal touch.
The winery owners philosophy about the land, terroir and his praise for his mentors Richard Sauret consultant, and wine maker Steve Glossner .
Next came a special touch the food of Ishka’s home land of Sri Lanka butter Chicken. The spices paired well with the intensity of the wines
If you get an opportunity to visit this winery it will be a highlight of your visit to Paso Robles
Thank YOU Ishka and Margaret.
SteveWritten 24 March 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Templeton
- The best day trips from Templeton according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Paso Robles Wine Adventure with pickup from Paso Robles, CA
- Semi-Private, Modified "Hop-On Hop-Off" Wine Tasting Tour from Paso Robles
- Semi-Private, Modified Hop-On Hop-Off Wine Tasting Tour from Cambria &San Simeon
- Paso Robles Wine Adventure with pickup from Pismo Beach, CA
- Semi-Private, Modified Hop-On Hop-Off Wine Tasting Tour from Morro and Cayucos