Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Looking to kill some time and stretch our legs on the way from LA to Dana Point we took a stroll along the Pacific, enjoyed a terrific array of sculptures and took in the sunset before heading on our way. Driving around to find a metered parking spot might be needed.Written 14 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Got together with friends on a beautiful Sunday morning. We walked and talked and enjoyed the beautiful morning. The beach and cove are simply stunning. So thankful for this stunning place. If you are looking for some peace and joy, this is the place to be.Written 7 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a wonderful facility and cause! We stumbled on to this thanks to Trip Advisor and it was well worth the time. We were able to interact with staff (or volunteers? I didn’t ask) and they were engaging and informative.
This is a small facility and due to them being in the healing process you aren’t allowed to get super close, but plenty close enough to see the closest pool and watch them play and interact.Written 25 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very beatiful unorganized beach. You could park your car/moto on the road and walk down through the stairs to reach the ocean.Written 24 July 2023
- Nice beach across the main streets of the town. It was really crowded, lot of restaurants around as well and some local vendors tooWritten 4 July 2023
- We go to the Pageant every summer. The production is excellent and there is always a new twist every year. Snack bar is mediocre but you can probably find something you like. Only complaint is the seating. The seats are metal old-style theatre seats which is ok since the Pageant is outdoors. The problem is they are too small so you’re elbow to elbow with your neighbor, and you have to stand up to let someone pass.Written 9 November 2023
- Awesome spot for a beach day. The location is somewhat protected by the rock outcrops so it was calmer than all the other beach’s we went to. The rock cave also provided some much needed shade as it was warmer than anticipated the day we visited.
It is a bit of a walk down to the beach, and public parking is limited. There also weren’t washrooms at this beach like most of the other beaches we visited.
It definitely was the most beautiful and least busy of the four we went to. We would recommend hermosa and Huntington otherwise given their vibe, ease of access/parking, and amenities.Written 9 October 2023
- This is a gorgeous, iconic, small park in Laguna Beach. It’s a great place for dogs to run around. And it’s one of the best places in Orange County to spot whales (during gray whale migration season) and dolphins without going out to sea. And if you’re lucky you might see a seal on Bird Rock as well as bunnies in the grassy areas.
There’s a lot of street parking in front of the park as well as in the neighborhood, but on weekends it does get busy.Written 15 May 2022
- The 4 of us LOVED this play! The cast was amazing and the play was a laugh a minute. When we weren't laughing out loud, we were giggling at the antics. The maid was hilarious! We all agreed that this was the best show we have seen in a long time. Great cast! Don't miss it!
Thanks for all of the laughs.Written 24 October 2023
- My favourite beach !
sometimes high waves but plenty of small pools with lukewarm water.... great to interact with others and everyone is easy going.
Laguna is a must visit beach in CA (the closest to a tradtional European beach)Written 25 November 2020
- The Victoria Beach access point is very near the intersection of Sunset Terrace & Victoria Drive, about 2 miles south of the Laguna Beach business district. Public parking spaces near there are reportedly very hard to find (especially on weekends), so my wife & I parked up at Heisler Park & took the Laguna Beach City Free Trolley to a stop on the CA-1 Highway very near its intersection with Sunset Terrace. [NOTE: A return route stop is a couple of blocks north on the other side of the highway; download the Free Trolley map for assistance in finding it, and be *very* careful crossing the highway.] From our trolley drop-off point, we walked a long block up then down the hill; but it took us a few minutes more to locate the access walkway/stairway down to Victoria Beach. It's very clear that the locals want to discourage visitor traffic through the area (no signage until you descend the beach access path); but if you come upon a resident & are respectful, you might even get some help finding the starting point of your oceanside visit.
The walk down to the beach is a long one (remember that for your walk back up), but the beach & ocean & other treasures at sea level are worth the journey. The row of beach houses to your left as you step onto the beach offer one or more photo ops, with the hillside homes higher up offering an interesting backdrop. The sand is clean & flat & easy to walk in, with plenty of space between the ocean & the cliff faces at lower tides to set up beach chairs or a blanket to rest & enjoy the surroundings. And if you turn to your right around the cliffside at the bottom of the beach access stairs, you'll get to see something called the 'Pirate Tower' - the subject of a separate TA listing, and the motivating reason that I dragged my wife to Victoria Beach.
The trek & the hunt were worth the effort, though we were pert near worn out after we climbed back up (and up and up) to get back to the highway & catch the trolley back into town. Pace yourself, and you'll have memories of an unmatched experience.Written 14 November 2022
- Consistently an outstanding place to visit. Good wines and delightful ambiance. What makes it really outstanding, however, is the Ambassadors, who guide you and make you feel at home. On this visit, our Ambassador was Taylor and I can't say enough good things about her.Written 25 June 2023
- One of the gems of the California coastline, with a wide sandy beach and lots of parking. what's not to love?Written 1 April 2022
- Access stairs at Cliff Drive & Fairview Street, with a Laguna Bach free trolley stop nearby. The tidepools had little to offer for sealife on the October day we were there, but my wife & I timed the tide to snap some shoreline photos & allowing us to walk across the rock shelf between Fisherman's Cove to the south & Shaw's Cove. Very clean beach, probably less crowded than the swimming areas closer to Heisler Park. Leave nothing but footprints, and enjoy the ocean views.Written 14 November 2022
- I had an amazing time at Laguna Art Museum. The exhibits were thought-provoking, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and the ocean view was stunning. I highly recommend it!Written 29 April 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Laguna Beach
- The best day trips from Laguna Beach according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Orange County Coastal Sightseeing Tour
- Whale-Watching and Orange County Beaches Tour from Anaheim
- Small-Group Best Beaches in Orange County Day Tour
- Hollywood Tour
- Private Hollywood To Beverly Hills sightseeing tour from Orange County
Laguna Beach Attractions Information