Historic Sites • Ghost Towns
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
24 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Really cool place to visit. Many buildings to tour with items from that time frozen in place. Great gift shop with more items on display and souvenirs for sale. Must also mention the drive. The last bit is rough with gravel road but the view of the mountains in the distance is spectacular!Written 26 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ended up here on a whim, mostly because we were going to stop around Bridgeport to eat our packed lunch. The road back is quite bumpy and has some size-able divets in places. We went on a weekday, and it wasn’t too busy. Although there were already a few cars there… nobody was using the pool closest to the parking lot, so that worked out. Our young son went in his birthday suit, and we had no issues. Also there is a Toilet @ the end of the parking lot.Written 25 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not as easy to get to as Travertine. 4X4 is a strong recommend. "AWD" won't cut it for getting out of the parking lot. But, the ride up and back is worthwhile. And, the springs are worth a soak.
Recommended...Written 4 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Enjoyed walking down the main road there through the middle of town. Their parking for cars was different and people travelling through have obvious problems. All parking on the main road through town is where the driver has to back in diagonally. Odd.
But walking through town was nice, level ground. In the summer around noon was hot though. We stopped into shops and restaurants to cool down.Written 26 July 2019
- This old School house is chock full of all kinds of things from the 1800’s and later. Super friendly people greet you and answer any questions best they can. Super cheap admission of $2 a person. Nice new Playground right next door to let kids burn off some energy.Written 6 September 2019
- Had a much larger selection when Ron LaRue ran the store. Including quality private-label products. Still, good for sodas, beer, ice cream, and snacks. But, lacking in gudes fir the area, maps, outdoor supplies, etc., compared to the past ownership. Prices are average for the area.Written 4 April 2022
- Great brews and food.A must stop while traveling or staying in the Bridgeport area.A good mix of locals and tourist.The owners are warm and welcoming.scott and Linda.Written 16 August 2020
- Make sure to stop by this building when in Bodie State Park. It is well preserved with a piano still in sight. You can only see it through the gated entrance, some people say they perform weddings in here but it looks like no one has entered in a while. Still a pretty good building to check out along with the school and mortuary.Written 6 March 2020
- It wasn't open when we were there, but from the outside it looks really cool. And it was easy to get to.Written 24 May 2022
- The reservoir was very low when I visited in early August, so while my friends went fishing on their pontoon boat, I went Metal Detecting along the now-exposed shoreline that’s usually underwater. Also collected nice bits of obsidian, which are laying everywhere! Very relaxing and enjoyable.Written 9 August 2020
- Didn't know it was a firehouse at first - but it's just awesome to look at. And a great place for photos. Get a brochure when you get there for more information.Written 22 May 2022
- This tour can be strenuous. Be prepared for both Botie's elevation (almost 9,000' / 3 000 meters) and be well-hydrated. If you're not used to the altitude, I suggest not taking this tour until the afternoon. But, this a worthwhile part of visiting BOdie and should not be missed.Written 4 April 2022
- We needed a place to stay outside of Tuolumne Meadows when our reservations we canceled by the NPS. I found the Bridgeport Inn and they had a great rate. The rooms were clean if a little dated.Written 2 July 2020
- Amazing how many brands from Bodie's heyday are still in business. The light over the entrance was only recently replaced after nearly a century of nightly use.Written 4 April 2022
- Make sure you walk all around the entire building. We saw at least 3 cells and comparing doors to the walls outside those cells appear to be very small.Written 15 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Bridgeport
- The most popular things to do in Bridgeport with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Bridgeport on Tripadvisor