- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It is impressive the size of this bookstore, I had been looking for a book on my family for many years that I finally managed to find here, well doneWritten 28 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Saw the Marilyn Monroe exhibit there. Everything was displayed beautifully and there was a film about Marilyn's life playing. The view from the top of the building is beautiful. However, there is no gift shop and the workers at the front desk were condescending and a bit rude.Written 16 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The gentleman on duty was friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. City maps are available. I purchased a packet of four postcards of lovely painted scenes of the City. (Good postcards of Beverly Hills are very hard to find.)Written 14 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have wanted to visit this library for years. Though the library for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was established in the 1920s, I was two years away from moving out of the area. This beautiful building, which was formerly a water treatment plant, is a stunning reuse of a resource becoming scarce in Los Angeles--that being architectural gems developers are eager to bulldoze in favor of charging the highest price per square foot they can. My best tip is before you go, read the rules that are on the website carefully. The scripts and books do not circulate...you have to review them there, and there are no cameras, pens, etc., or food allowed. You can bring a notebook and a pencil and they have lockers for everything else. I did not have time to go into the photograph archives but the lobby has a wonderful display of photographs of movie stars in their Hollywood habitat. It was great to read the scripts from American Graffiti, Sabrina, and other award-winning movies; the first draft script from AG, for instance, was a lot grittier than how the movie eventually turned out. Not all drafts are available, but to read seeing how the writing process evolved from first draft ideas to what you see on the screen is an implied lesson in "killing your darlings." The facility is neat, clean, and does have restrooms. There is security everywhere and they maintain respectful decorum. This is not a place for children unless they can be quiet for long lengths of time doing a quiet activity, whatever the library allows, but the lobby photos might be interesting for teens as well as reading a script from Star Wars, if they have it. The list of the scripts is on the website. I really enjoyed my visit here...libraries are great, free places to visit full of lots of treasures to view. If you are in L.A. for an extended period of time and just want some quiet downtime doing something (free) you can't do anywhere else, I recommend visiting this library.Written 10 April 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you are film buff, and who in this town isn't? This is the mother lode! Going here is like walking through the doors of a huge vault filled with wonder. Every time I visit, I learn something new about the industry that makes the world go round. The creative juices start pumping when I come here and witness the amazing history of this fabulous town of mine. Highly recommend for anyone who loves film.Written 3 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Beverly Hills