Points of Interest & Landmarks
Tours near Cerveny Klastor
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The former monastery is a quiet place with a good view at Trzy Korony summit.
The ticket desk accepts cards, zlotys and euros.
The toilet is free for musuem visitors.Written 14 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Apparently it all has started as a private project, when in 1870 Józef Szalaj, owner of Szczawnica, started construction of a road right on east bank of river Dunajec. He's done a small part from Szczawnica (Grajcarek stream) to the Lesnica stream, and the rest of it was built by Academy of Learning from Krakow. Only the northern beginning is in Poland, the rest of it - the very most of it was built in, what was then Hungary, now it is Slovakia. But still - whole project was designed, paid and built with Polish money and labour, so I think it is important to give Polish name of this place: Droga Pienińska, as the name in the title of this TripAdvisr attraction is in Slovak. Road follows Dunajec river from Szczawnica to Czerwony Klasztor (Cerveny klastor), and can be used as a retourn trip after rafting on Dunajec, but only for those, who rafted with Slovakian entrepreneurs, as Polish rafting trail is much longer. Also it can be combined with much more tiring trip across Pieniny ridge, from Czerwony Klasztor to Leśnica (the village), and then down the stream to the starting point. Superb views of surrounding mountains with rock walls, but watched in own pace, with no rush of the speed of the river current, when you rafting. Only problem for us was overcrowding and mix of pedestrians and cyclists, which lead to some dangerouos situations, but luckily nothing has ever happened.Written 28 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took 2 boats of rafting. It was a very pleasant trip. The guide was polite, explained to us in english everything we saw. Great views.Written 26 August 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Today we had an amazing trip with Rafting Dunajec with guide Christian. It was exiting ride down the river with adorable view and Christian has provided very interesting details about the river, mountains, history and other details.
We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 7 and 4) and we all had a lot of joy with Rafting Dunajec. All the team was very nice and we are strongly recommend to take the trip with them!Written 19 August 2021
- We came there 15 people with kids.
The place have free parking
The price was great and the instructor was very profeshional .
The rout is very beautiful and nice.
Suitable for the wholl family
Highly recomendedWritten 23 August 2018
- On the Polish side, at the lake near Czorsztyn where Polish rafting starts, we've seen crowds, noise, ridiculously long queues of people waiting hours for their ride - not really relaxing and a waste of time if you're on holiday trip.
Czerwony Klasztor is just a few km from Polish Czorsztyn, and there are no queues, the ride is reasonably timed, ending near Polish Szczawnica city, but on the Slovakian side. At the end you can purchase a photo and take a bus back to Czerwony Klastor right to the parking slot at the rafting centre were you've started. There is also a place to eat nearby, some small shops, and good paths for cycling along Dunajec.Written 10 August 2016
- Very nice and relaxed rafting ride, in a beautiful landscape. The ride takes about an hour and is good for families with kids. Instructor s English level varies and some speaks very little. At the end station there's a bike rent station. Took te bike for about 10 km ride in the riverside road, that ends in the starting point. Bike where in good condition and the ride isn't hard.Written 1 October 2018
- Rafting the river Dunajec was so much fun. You can visit and try it also with your kids.It’s awesome experience.Written 17 February 2022
- Great personel, no problem with parking, great experience for families with Kids as Well as for group of young people. Would definitely recommend.Written 4 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Cerveny Klastor
- The most popular things to do in Cerveny Klastor with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Cerveny Klastor on Tripadvisor
Cerveny Klastor Attractions Information