Popular things to do
- 4WD Tours
- Day Trips
- Half-day Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Top Picks
- Ports of Call Tours
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Shopping Tours
- Theme Parks
- Special Offers
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Bavaro
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Bavaro beach flea market was ok. The pricing was much higher than the local flea markets and they weren’t willing to negotiate as much.They do have white Hennessy but wanted $120US (only place I’ve seen it since we’ve been here) The beach was nice. We took a tour with a local tour guide on the beach for $100US to swim with sting rays, sharks, observe the dolphins, and swim in the natural pool, they promised a snorkeling spot which we never went to.They did let my husband drive the small speed boat to the dolphin holding place just off the beach. They did have options for party boats, parasailing, and an expensive restaurant (NOVA Beach Club) that wasn’t good in my option.Written 27 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent family church. Sunday parish very identified with his community. Good decision of Father Heziquio. We congratulate everyone.Written 24 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A few older slot machines and a few newer ones. Had to pay for a bottled beer but cheap drinks were free(if you dare). They didnt sit there and stare at you anyway. Small casino but larger than at any of the resorts except Hard Rock of course.Written 2 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- this felt more modernized. I go to see the people and the culture, this was just like shopping at homeWritten 4 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent place, beautiful beach with a nice restaurant where you can rent a tent as well. Only Spanish speeking personnel. The road to the beach is a challenge. It's reached best with an off road vehicle. However we've made it with a small rental carWritten 24 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- we visited this beautiful cave from taking a buggie tour and it was well worth it. the picturesque cave is so beautiful. It had long lines with locals and visitors trying to get in the cave pool. I couldn't get to dive in cause my son did not want to dive so I couldn't leave him. but taking pictures and just being there was all worth it for us. Thank me later when you see this beautiful cave. enjoyWritten 21 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We just want something close that we could walk to from our place. We found this great place that was kind of off the beaten path. They had cold Presidente and different stuff than what we had found in the other gift shopsWritten 7 July 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a terrible experience with Los Corales tours with "Happy Joe" as he called himself. We booked a tour to Saona Island. We were promised breakfast, lunch and open bar with unlimited beer. We had to transfer buses and alot of wasted time waiting for another bus. Happy Joe lied about breakfast since we did not get one and where we stopped it had no breakfast to even buy. There was no unlimited beer with only rum offered in small cups with no ice. We asked if there was shade on the catamaran. No seats and we had to sit on the side with the hot sun! They mentioned lobster and it ended up with very dry chicken and porkchops and to top it off can spaghetti. So many other tours so we had no seats on the beach and disgusting dirty bathrooms. We were overcharged by triple the real price and asked for a discount. Happy Joe made all sorts of excuses and ended giving us alittle of a discount but aggressively demanded a big tip and asked how much we were giving. It was the worst excursion we have been on with all the lies!!Written 14 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Pretty large market just outside 4 resorts. It was a 20 minute walk from the Riu Republica so no need to take a cab. Has the typical trinket souvenirs but also sells cigars and some Dominican rum like Barcelo Imperial for $25US, which is why I give it 3/5 instead of 2/5. There are about 2 dozen stores but they all sell the same product and be ready for some very pushy sales. If you can't deal with that, don't go. If you love to haggle, this was made for you.Written 18 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Highlight of our trip. super fun, great group of people. Snorkeling was not the priority but having fun was! Swimming, drinking, music, dancing all part of a good time. highly recommend this.Written 9 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What an awesome experience! Booked the Escape room as an activity for my daughters birthday. It was $30 a person and we were told we had 1 hour to complete it. We ended up finishing in 49 minutes and the record was 22 minutes (how!?? Lol) it was super fun and I would definitely recommend to other families to do for an hour one afternoon. Mary was great with us and explained it to us perfectly. Thanks again for a great time!Written 26 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I just returned from a trip to Punta Cana. I had the pleasure of diving with Globe Dive and it was 'Excellence' I had never dived in the ocean before and my instructor Maribel made it comfortable, safe, took me at my pace and overall a fantastic experience. I would recommend them in a heartbeat. Definitely a five-star. I enjoyed my dive with them so much I started looking up my next trip before I even left the Dominican.
Thank you for the memories!Written 5 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Herbert exceeded my expectations. He was punctual (I was 2 minutes late), brought two bags of gear for my daughter and I. Bags had multiple sizes and were well thought out. Long drive from Bavaro Beach to Bayahibe, but got some zzz's during a smooth drive.
Diving-wise, we were divided into skill appropriate groups. Dove with another couple. Udo Stahl was our dive master and took us on a 57 minute dive. Good guy. Nice coral, good visibility, and schools of fish. Marker put to surface at the end of the dive for boat pick up. Compliments to the crew. They were professional, supportive and entertaining all at the same time.
Another customer, different group, got a new max depth and had a smile a mile wide. Similar positive experience. Slept on the way back. Felt safe. Highly recommend and that is not my common demeanor. Bonus, Udo was taking pictures and later shared at no cost. A first in my visits to the Dominican Republic.Written 6 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bavaro
- The best day trips from Bavaro according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Saona Island Paradise From Punta Cana
- Discovery Package: Snorkeling Cruise and Dune buggy Adventure At Punta Cana
- Los Haitises National Park with Montana Redonda, River and Lunch from Punta Cana
- The Original Xtreme Buggy full day adventure! Small groups, VW engine!!
- Full-Day Cruise in Saona Island/ Free Snorkel