Top Attractions in Navan
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We went to Causey Farm for the hen experience. Darnley Lodge in Athboy made all the arrangements for booking and travel. We made brown bread, learned the Seige of Ennis, visited the animals, painted a message wall for the bride to be and raced through the bog all to much laughter. Our guide, Donnacha, was friendly and made an effort to remember our names. Lovely tea and scones at the end of the experience. Recommend Causey for a hen party full of laughs if you do not mind getting mucky.Written 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- By complete accident we came upon the Bective abbey.
We were the only ones there, it is a very photogenic spot, the ruins date to the 15C.
We had a lot of fun exploring the abbey ruins.Written 4 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Brilliant place! Having been there 5 years ago and having a great day out for a birthday we did wonder if it would still live up to our memory of it after the toll of the last 2 years, but it actually managed to exceed it. We came back again for more go-karting to celebrate a birthday and from start to finish we received exceptional service, as if we were family to them. Karen in the office was so kind and thoughtful and couldn't have done more for us to make it a special, memorable family day out. They really went above and beyond for all members of the family and we had a brilliant time. Definitely recommend for a fun family day out! Incredible customer service and genuinely nice people.Written 31 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Look its a rock on a hill in a public area, so if that doesn't interest you than it's not for you. But for those of us who want to become the ruler of all Ireland and get kidnapped by the fae (theres a faery tree nearby) it is perfect!Written 11 October 2022
- Lovely little shop, the art is amazing and the owner is really nice, well worth a visit, its very peacefulWritten 12 July 2020
- This tower dates fro the 11th or 12th century and was badly restored in the 1800’s although it still looks impressive and striking as you approach the area.
The was a monastery here still the 5th century founded by St Patrick. The was a church but little remains. The graveyard is still in use and you can only have limestone headstones to match the period gravestones. An interesting view and my second time here.Written 3 June 2021
- Very friendly staff. Food is great. A very nice place to just chill out. Great coffee ☕ and cake 🎂 to go with. 😊Written 9 June 2018
- Great day out for all ages! Took 2 kids (4 and 3) in August 2021 and had a great morning, there seemed to be loads of other things for different ages to do, we had booked a package with footy golf, go karts, inflatables and mini golf and it was great. Really reasonably priced and all very well managed with Covid situation too. Would definitely recommend!Written 17 December 2021
- Has a good selection of stores and restaurants, with something for everyone. I like it alright.
....Written 11 June 2021
- Spent 2 nights here. Seamus looked after us very well and stocked us with all the basics.
Spotless, quiet and very comfortable, what more would you want?Written 31 May 2018
- I have been a regular visitor to Pairc Tailteann over the years. It is a tired old stadium and will shortly undergo a huge redevelopment if the plans that are afoot proceed as expected. It is old and run down but it has a charm about it too and on a big matchday the atmosphere can be electric.
It is the home of Meath Gaelic Football and they love their football here. Meath have had plenty of success in the past and Tailteann has been a fortress for them over the years.
Meath footballers play their home matches here, the hurlers too sometimes, and though the bigger championships games don't end to be held here any more, it still has a healthy tradition of gaelic games going back though the decades since it opened in 1935.
I see the capacity on some websites as being 17,000 but I'd say you'd struggle to fit that meany people in safely as the grounds are in dire need of repair and as I said, a badly needed massive redevelpment is pending.
It is in the town centre on Brews Hill so there is plenty of on-street parking nearby as well as numerous car parks. Plenty of shops and bars/restaurants to get food in.
Catering inside the grounds is basic, the toilet facilities are rudimentary.
The main grandstand is largely but no completely covered and runs along the full length of one side. Opposite that on the hospital and road side of the ground there is a good concrete terrace. Behind the goals are only grassy banks and they are not opened unless the crowd is especially big.
If you ar ein the area and ther eis a game on, it is well worth your time to visit.Written 13 March 2019
- Just back from our first trip to Ireland and couldn't wait to write this review for Derek. He is an amazing tour guide. Very knowledgeable, accommodating, communicative. The process to start the planning was a breeze as he was very interested in hearing what we wanted to see/do as he added his expertese into the planning.
In between stops on our tour we were enlightened by his great stories about the landscape, the history and his family.
I can't recommend Derek highly enough. If you are going to Ireland, you MUST spend a few days (or more) with Derek on your own tour!!!Written 1 November 2022
- Tara is a really mature course with lots of trees and plants all over the golf course,nature is truly entwined in its layout,a demanding course where accuracy is king and greens are perfectly manicured so putting is also a positive trait to have.The Clubhouse is modern and quaint where food and drink served is top quality,all in all a top venue to relax.Written 4 September 2019
- Called in here for food on a Saturday evening we hadn’t booked but were given a seat in the bar as the lounge was full. I was a bit apprehensive as we had 3 young children and wasn’t sure about the bar but we were seated in a corner away from the bar, which was busy but not noisy. My wife and I had the early bird 4 course for around €23 great value my kids had the kids menu more great value food was lovely, would recommend the tiramisu for desert, definitely recommend calling in here if in navan or looking for somewhere to eat if passing through. Friendly staff and great foodWritten 22 January 2018
- This is a great addition to Navan. We are regular visitors to the town and were delighted to see a new spot to rival the nightclubs. Late night disco bar with a couple of different sections. Well staffed in that you don't have to wait too long to be served. Could definitely be a tad friendlier! The place has a good atmosphere though. Love the decor. The toilets are annoyingly either upstairs or downstairs....none on the actual floor the bar is on. Good drinks promotions. Really enjoyed my night here.Written 26 March 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Navan