- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A great family day out! I grow up in the area and loved seeing Donegal Bay from a fresh perspective. The dolphins was my favourite bit. Maybe not suitable for very young children. My children are 12 and over.Written 11 August 2022
- We spotted this trip online before our cruise ship called to killybegs and arranged to join their trip on the day we visited.At the port,they were advertising so a few more probably joined from our cruise ship.The pickup point was easy to find and the trip itself was great value and covered everything they advertised.Both our lady driver and tour guide Sean were courteous and very knowledgeable on the areas we visited.Timing was perfect for our cruise visit and they had us back in ample time for our departure.An added bonus was Sean is learning photography and will take both your photos and views along the tour.He will send on to you by email for you to have as memories of this great wee tour.
Can not praise the local tourist board and the tour staff highly enough and they even arranged some glorious weather for our visit 🤣.Written 4 August 2022
- An amazing Aladdins Cave of treasures .... carefully chosen merchandise at affordable prices.
Warm friendly staff and gifts for all occasions.
The best ice cream in Ireland and a great confectionery counter !
A gem right in the heart of the lovely fishing town... Sweet News is well worth a detour or stopover !Written 9 August 2020
- On a recent visit from the USA to Ireland I stopped off in some lovely villages and towns. I was in Donegal and someone suggested to me that I should visit Killybegs. So off I went in my rented car and arrived in killybegs . Where do I start ? Firstly there is a ghastly smell in the area that comes from the fishing harbour the town depends on . The area and town is very run down and it almost looks like a village from a 3rd world country ! The village has a few hotels and a few bars & not much to else . I decided to go into one of the local bars as it was Friday night and I was surprised that the place was quite packed with people 18-40 , the bar was nice but the clientele were horrific ! Foul mouthed drunk and completely ignorant ! One young guy who the villagers were calling out for was a complete embarrassment to himself and to the area . They say in this area that every village has one ? Well in this case killybegs has scores. If your ever plan to visit here then don’t bother ! It’s a run down dirty little village with nothing to offer .Written 6 December 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Killybegs
- These experiences are best for tours in Killybegs:
- Sea fishing Donegal coast. Donegal. Private guided.
- Donegal South & West Day Tour
- Highlights Of Donegal Day Tour