Points of Interest & Landmarks • Observation Decks & Towers
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
22 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very nice views from the top of the Water tower. Pleasant surprise was that there is a lift to the top so no need to take stairs. Small entrance fee applies but it was wotrh it.Written 30 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Tulliniemi Nature path is a favourite walk for visitors and tourists alike - but be sure to bring your good walking boots; while the path is generally well maintained, some parts are stones and gravel and there might be wet and muddy patches. We saw several deer and all sorts of birdlife including the ubiquitous white swans.Written 5 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice seaside beach. Due to the lication in city centre and next to roads there are not many places with some privacy.Written 11 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's really worth visiting as the events the museum talks about happened on the site of the museum, which is the old front line between Finland & USSR in the Winter War & Continuation war. You can walk the ground and see the places and read about what happened and that's a really cool thing.
They have a lot of artifacts that were dug up on the site and a few others from nearby plus so re-created bunkers and trenches as well as a planned walk through the old front line, whose trenches and border markings are still visible.
If I could add one thing it would be a high level overview of the situation the museum talks about from 1940 to 1944 and what was happening when. I went with a non-Finn and they were often saying "oh, so this happened to cause that! Why didn't they say that earlier". All Finns know this history but many foreigners do not.Written 27 July 2022
- Nice beach to relax on and take a swim in the sea with warm water (this summer) was very nice h´this hot day (+34c).Written 29 July 2018
- The museum of Hanko (Hangö) is very small. However, this year's exhibition is very interesting. It tells about nature in Hanko and also about the worldwide plastic problem. Unfortunately texts are only in Finnish and Swedish, not in English.Written 18 July 2019
- What a wonderful path near the Casino. Lovely scenery to the seaside. Interesting war history around; turrets and so... Worth the visitWritten 30 May 2022
- Hundreds of years ago, bored sailors took shelter behind these islands and carved the names of the ships in the rocks. There are hundreds of carvings from the 16th century to a Finnish President in the 1970's. This is an interesting guestbook of the sailors. The island can be visited with your own boat or on a tour.Written 1 May 2018
- Quite traditional Finnish churh. Renovated in 1950’s functionalism style. The ships hanging from the cieling are a reminder of men out in the sea.Written 11 July 2021
- Siirtolaismonumentti (The Emigration Statue) is a very beautiful statue. There are three common cranes (Eurasian cranes) which fly from the top of the monument out to the sea. This is an emigration memory in remembrance of the great emigration during the years 1880-1930. About 250,000 emigrants passed through Hanko to England and then to the North America or Australia. Seeing this statue was an emotional experience for me. Besides, the location at the beach is very beautiful. However, at this moment the location is marked incorrectly on Tripadvisor. The right location is Merikatu, Hanko, just outside Regatta SPA Hotel.Written 18 July 2019
- Small and beautiful Spa. I usually only go to swim and like the pool very much. Steam-sauna is my favorit also. Maybe too expensive, 20 euros.Written 30 August 2018
- This is a spa with Finnish design. It's very modern and open. It has only two pools so if there are more people it gets crowded easily. If you just want to be it's great place with nice scenery but on the other hand there isn't much activity.Written 2 September 2017
- Marine Lines has daily summer cruises to Bengtskär, which is the tallest lighthouse in the Nordic countries. It was built in 1906 and it is an extremely interesting place. The cruise takes about 5 hours 30 minutes and it includes salmon soup lunch. Read separate Tripadvisor reviews about Bengtskar in Rosala.
The address of the main office of Marine Lines is Korkeavuorenkatu 10 B. However, their ticket agency and their pier are situated in the far end of the guest harbor (Vierassatama), so called Kuningatarvuoren laituri.
I have taken part in Marine Lines cruises both in 2014 and 2019. I really recommend this cruise company. Other cruise companies in Hanko have only short cruises, e.g. to Hauensuoli (Pike's Gut).Written 18 July 2019
- Good but extremely expensive beer and 5e each for entance though the place practically empty. Billisrds cheap, darts there but on Friday evening no chance to play it!? Tha service extremely rude, pity.Written 3 January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Hanko
- The most popular things to do in Hanko with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Hanko on Tripadvisor