Islands • Caverns & Caves
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- My best advice is get up early and get a speed boat trip here. I used a company called EZY Trails.
Access to the island is through a newly constructed landing stage around the back of the island, after coming ashore it's a 5 min walk through the island to 'The Beach'.
Time ashore is limited to an hour (by the national park) which is more than enough time to walk up and down the beach and take in the view.
In order to prevent further damage to the reef boats are forbidden from coming into the bay, as is swimming, although paddling is allowed.Written 8 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you like rather Long Beaches, this is the best of Phi Phi. Not far from the village (30-40 min walk), easy path and with a decent number of restaurants and hotels. Clear water and shadow make it perfect for a beach day.Written 29 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- lots of long tails tied to the beach. Take your snorkel and mask. there are some rocks; if you have swim shoes wear themWritten 11 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went off for a day trip by longtail boat.
We did some snorkeling and we saw Maya Bay.
Our Guide asked us if we want to see Monkey Beach.
Our kids never saw monkeys in the wild, so a new experience.
Although we were on a quite distance of the monkeys. Around 20 meters.
2 monkeys ran to a guy in front of us. He stepped away and 1 monkey saw my daughter and positioned next to her. The other moment the other monkey just came over and bit her in her leg. Just all in 1 second.
So you have to be aware!!
Although it was a small bite, we did all Rabies vaccins.
We learned our lesson, be very careful with wild animals!
Better safe than sorry..Written 7 September 2022
- The island is beautiful and be watched from the boat. Tourists are not allowed to get down at the island. We visited the place on our four island visit to phi phi. Beautiful and scenic place.Written 9 February 2020
- Whilst koh Phi Phi has not been hit significantly by covid cases to my knowledge (in fact, then islanders report the. Population is 100% vaccinated), the impact on tourism has been stark.
In 2017 I visited Phi Phi. The change in 2021 is stark. Whilst the pier seafront bears the infrastructure of mass tourism (burger King and McDonald's prominent) visitors are lacking. Promenades that would once have been crammed are now empty.
Which makes visiting the tonsai seafront a very different experience.Written 26 July 2021
- Yeah I thought this beach was ok but not the nicest on phi phi for sure. I thought ton Sai beach was nicer and the water cleaner!Written 28 April 2022
- Secluded little cove beach. worth a visit to enjoy the cliffs. It’s not the best snorkelling site but still worth a splash around to see some different species.Written 28 January 2023
- It took us maybe two hours hike from phi phi pier to get to this beach but it was worth it. It is further so not many tourists go there. It is possible to reach it by boat as well. If you will hike prepare for about an hour walk. The beach itself is beautiful, when we got there there was no people. Water is so clear that a bit further in the sea you can see corals and littles fishes. Beautiful place. Would recommend to hike there from the morning and leave before it gets dark.Written 10 August 2019
- First day of diving with profun divers was here at bida nok, then mushroom rock.
this was nice, had alot of coral, and saw some reef sharks zipping by right at the end of the dive of course. The second day was much better at garan hen. go to that reef if you can. that one was some of the best diving i have ever seen.Written 27 February 2020
- Our tour stopped at this cave. It was best to see it from the outside briefly, but you’re not allowed to go in. We snorkeled nearby and the snorkeling was incredible. From the outside you can see they have tall bamboo, so the cave must be very tall.Written 23 June 2022
- Despite of being a hub for long tail boats, the beach has great views and clear water. It is on the way of Nui Beach (if walking) and not far from the village. Certainly recommend if staying 2-3 nights in Phi Phi.Written 29 January 2023
- This is bay is a stop on the long boat tours that go around the island. It's beautiful. As good as Maya Beach I think, and you can still get in and swim and go up on the beach. great place to hang for a couple of hours.Written 27 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Ko Phi Phi Don
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Ko Phi Phi Don:
- Phi Phi Islands Adventure Day Trip with Seaview Lunch by V. Marine Tour
- Phi Phi Sunrise from Phuket by Simba Sea Trips
- Phi Phi & Khai Islands Snorkeling Trip w/ Lunch by Speedboat
- Regular/Premium/PRIVATE Phi Phi, MayaBay, MonkeyBeach fullday By Speedboat
- Full-Day Phi Phi Islands Tour with Lunch from Krabi
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Ko Phi Phi Don:See more romantic nature & parks in Ko Phi Phi Don on Tripadvisor