Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The castle and gardens in Balcic belonged to the royal family from Romania, when this territory belonged to Romania. Even if it is known as Balcic castle, the building is just a villa, relatively modest for a royal family of that period. Instead, the gardens are spectacular, well-kept and create a good mood. Access is paid separately – one ticket for the castle and another for the gardens, but both are worth it. We had difficulties in finding a parking place for the car. Google maps directs you to a private parking lot with rather difficult access.Written 2 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I love Bulgaria, especially the seaside coast and thracian temples. I visited the latter few years ago and I would do it again at any time. I only need some more time for travel. In september thia year I was on a 4 day's holiday, absolutely fantastic. As i wished it to be: relaxing, new and old destination visits, food and entertainment. All ticked. I will return there with joy. Thank you, Bulgaria and Bulgarian people!Written 12 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Queen's winery welcomes its guests with wine tasting that no one should say no to. The kind and helpful staff will serve with you with different kinds of wine and can easily tell you about the ingredients used and will help you pick one that suits you. The flavours are quite unique as well.Written 23 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pay the feed of 5 levs and the 2 levs for the tourist information. The lady that manages the place you can hear a lot of historical details and some more interesting stories. She will walk you around and will tell you magical stories (which appear to be truth). Then you can get in to the Theke and feel the energy in there. It is absolutely amazing experience. There is a lot of details that can fascinate your imagination and you can even feel the spirit of the ancient times. If you love the mystery and magical places this is the place.Written 28 July 2017
- Permanent local exhibitions and temporal always special ones, happy to go every time I am in Balchik!Written 11 May 2019
- It is located in the botanical garden and to enter you need separate tickets for the palace and the garden itself. The palace is small, more like a big house and in the past belonged to the Romanian queen. If you are in the botanical garden it is worth a visit.Written 6 August 2020
- 18 holes golf club , very challenging level of golf . Nice pro shop and good restaurant . Golf is quite difficult, fairways in many cases begin far from the Tees . Quite expensive, greenfee plus clubs rent plus half buggy , 145 Euros.Written 23 June 2022
- The main focus of our trip was to play Thracian Cliffs but we stayed at The Lighthouse Hotel which offered unlimited golf on the Lighthouse Golf Course. We were very pleasantly surprised at what a great course it proved to be, great layout with every hole offering a different challenge. We all loved the course and would highly recommend it to all golfers. It is fairly forgiving so it caters for a wide range of handicaps.
The golf course clubhouse proved wonderful and the food there was the best we had on our whole trip, the fish at lunchtime was delicious and needs to be highly recommended.
The only negative of the course was the marshal who was power mad, rude, arrogant and made every attempt to spoil everyone’s experience. The really surprising thing is that he wasn’t Bulgarian he was British and thinks he owns the course. The only positive is that he doesn’t work full time.....Written 20 July 2019
- Spent a couple of evenings there during our stay in Balchik. A perfect place for the night out with friends! Nice drinks, good music, billiard, darts, lots of board games. Had a good time there!Written 10 July 2015
- Excelent products. There are true art thinks. The owner is ammable . Prices are not high, regarding quality and quantity of work and inspiration. Visit this place and You will fond interesting things.Written 22 August 2023
- Having a massage at the spa centre Regina Maria is one of my favorite things to do. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and you can be sure to leave having had a very good massage and feeling very relaxed. The price is very reasonable and the staff are very professional. If I could have a massage here every week then I would. The atmosphere is very relaxing and I always feel comfortable and in 'good hands'. I can fully recommend you try a massage here.Written 13 November 2018
- Really on top of the “world” with super view!
Great food like in all Lighthouse restaurants. Lamb chops, interesting salads and good menu for drinks (both wines and liquors).
Very friendly staff, always supportive!
Super experience and thank you again Mr. Asenov and the team!Written 22 August 2022
- is good bar with music, bowling. billiard and table tennis
The bowling is in hotel Elit Palace and SpaWritten 19 July 2017
- I have visited hotel for the spa day with lunch After finished lunch we sat for for while not even mentioned staff didn’t approach us if we need anything else and about feedback. Anyway I asked for the bill and when waiter brought the bill I asked him if I can pay by the card.I could see he turned angry and responded rudely that he will pay himself. He took bill in jerky movements and walked off.I was shocked and surprised by his behaviour at 5*hotel. On the way out I popped to the spa reception and complained about this man which they responded that he has no good English and he must opted already for cash option at the till.
This is unacceptable to be treated like this at any place by anyone. No to mention 5* hotel where it should be the best service.I felt disrespected and let mistreated.
The other thing was no good such :
👎No towels offered at the SPA DAY
👎No hand paper towels in the toilet
👎Rust on the silver fittings
👎Huge flakes off paints in the spa area
I won’t go back there,and definitely not recommend
MonWritten 15 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Balchik
- The best day trips from Balchik according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Discover cliffs and myths of Bulgarian Northern Black Sea coast
- Full-Day Private Sightseeing Tour to the North of Varna
- Self-Guided Golf Resorts in Bulgaria
- Eco Park Geranea Self-Guided
- Private Cape Kaliakra & the Balchik Botanical Gardens from Varna