City Tours • Multi-day Tours
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
664 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 664
What travellers are saying
- Alex & the SPB team were amazing to work with. We did tors of Tallin & Berlin with them & would fully recommend their services to anyone that does not want to pay ridiculous cruise ship prices !!Written 22 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We really wanted to get a good feeling for St. Petersburg and did we ever get it with Best Guides! Andrey and Masha worked with us to put together a very specific tour for me and my family with maximum flexibility and quoted us a very fair price all-in.
But things got better when we met our guide, Inna. She spoke amazing English and is a really warm, caring woman who was very proud of her city. Over the course of 3 days, she took us to the see the sights (e.g. the Hermitage and Peter and Paul Fortress), but also showed us things a little off the beaten track. We learned about her family and a little about how the citizens of St. Petersburg live.
And aside from how well they took care of us, Andrey was incredibly honest, which shouldn't surprise me, but still did. The last day, we felt like just hanging around the hotel for an extra hour, so we started the day late. Andrey wrote to me, telling me he had adjusted the price down to reflect the hour we did not use.
So to summarize: 1) excellent communication and flexibility, 2) great guide, 3) very reasonable price, and 4) honest.
And by the way, did I mention that St. Petersburg is a magnificent city?Written 2 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We used TJ on a prior Baltic Cruise in 2015 and they did a fantastic job for us. We initially booked them in 2020 but COVID happened and we rebooked for 2021. We had put down deposits for the 2021 tours. That too went away because of COVID and they graciously offered a full refund or a voucher plus 20% if we stayed with them, which we did. We booked another Baltic Cruise for 2022 and then the Ukraine War happened and all cruise stops to St. Petersburg were cancelled. I was in constant contact with Tatyana, the manager/owner about the situation. This was a difficult time for her as she being of part Ukrainian heritage was very much against the war. As a result she moved her office to Greece. I was concerned about our voucher given the situation but Tatyana readily honored it. TJ not only does tours in SPB but also in most of our other cruise stops. They lined up tours for us in Berlin, Gdansk, Tallinn, Klaipeda and Riga. Before the cruise TJ sent out detailed and accurate information for meeting spots complete with photos. Every tour guide was friendly and knowledgable All of the ours were fantastic with never a concern about getting back to our ship on time. I would absolutely use them again and again and in fact will use them next year in Greece as they now offer tours and several Mediterranian stos.Written 25 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This review is long overdue. We engaged Alla Tours the last week of June 2012. It was very satisfactory experience. We arrived on a cruise ship with three days for seeing sights in Saint Petersburg. Russia does not allow tourists to visit freely without an escort. I contacted Alla in advance for a driver escort and sent along a detailed map showing exactly what I wanted to see. I made clear that a guide providing narration was not necessary. Additionally the escort needed to understand that my spouse and I are a male couple. My itinerary was esoteric with architecture and art ranging from subway stations, social realist monuments, czarist churches, Art Nouveau residential neighborhoods, to a canal boat ride. It all worked as planned and I thought the price was reasonable. It is a good memory.Written 6 March 2021
- Very creative approach to St Pete. Awesome insights into city life. Highly recommended! We did 3 tours with them and each one was great.Written 4 September 2021
- Astonishing stories & places even if you’ve been visited a lot of places all around the world. It’s made my day. Thx a lot 😎Written 10 September 2022
- I want to say thank you to Olga and the company for the prompt organization of our weekend in St. Petersburg. All guideI want to say thank you to Olga and the company for the prompt organization of our weekend in St. Petersburg. All guides and driver Yuri are great. Thanks for the hospitality.Written 10 May 2022
- Ahtilahti is a great company to kayak with. They provided good quality travel kits (sleeping bags, tents, matts) for two days trip on Ladoga lake.
Our Ahtilahti guides Konstantin and Anastasia are not just hardworking crew, but they are also real life explorers. They made us laugh and enjoy the trip the whole way. The tour guides shared many interesting stories about the Ladoga lake while we were kayaking.
Konstantin cooked fantastic dinner with buckwheat, veggies and meat. Anastasia prepared finger-licken’ porridge in the morning. They considered food preferences of everyone. More to say, Some people from our big crew forgot their plates and guides gave them their personal bowls and spoons.
We hiked to the mountain on a little Island. It was first time kayak experience for some people, but they did great. Also some of us learn 180 flips). I thoroughly enjoyed the experience! I recommend take tours with Ahtilahti. you'll have a Great time and meet fantastic people.
PS no one payed me for this post ))))
One more to add guides were taking pictures during the trip, so i will have not just memories in my head, but I also I will be able to see them in my phone. I hope Konstantin will send them shortly )))))Written 20 June 2021
- We were a group of 6 adults who booked a one and a half day tour in St Petersburg during a Baltic cruise. Irina assisted us with all the pre trip arrangements and she was excellent and always responsed quite promptly to emails...... I don't think she sleeps :-)
We were picked up from our cruise terminal in a van which was always clean, warm and ready to take us to the next destination. Our driver Val was always friendly and extremely courteous, opening doors and assisting the older tour members.
Our tour guide Asya was excellent. Not only did we learn about the tourist sights we visited, we also received a deeper insight into the culture of Russians in St Petersburg. I would definitely recommend Asya as a tour guide, she is a star!! (5stars)
I would like to thank you for making all the arrangements for our group tour in St Petersburg. We really enjoyed learning about St Petersburg and your country in the 2 days. Asya and Val took such good care of us and we really appreciate all the time, patience and effort.Written 6 November 2019
- We took a private 2 day tour of St Petersburg oct 2019 and was top notch! ALL DONE ON LINE, BEFORE OUR CRUISE STARTED. Prompt and efficient. All information and documents arrived via e mail.The company[Valeria] did not even charge my credit card until the day I started my tour.No hidden charges and no surprises.They delivered more than we expected.
Zara was our guide.University education degree in Russian history !! .Very knowledgeable,fluent in English.Cheerful .I am a railway train buff and wanted to ride the St Petersburg's Metro .She made it happen even though it was not on the itinerary.Alexander was our driver. Extremely professional and courteous safe driver.We felt very safe all the time with him around. Valeria [owner] has a fleet of low mileage Mercedes mini vans,which are very clean and have complimentary bottled water for guests. Anyone who visits St Petersburg should ONLY use this company and ask for ZARA as the guide and ALEXANDER as the driver.
M PatelWritten 17 November 2019
- We are a family of four with one teenager and 8 year old. Julia suggested and customised a tour especially for us given the ages of the children and all our preferences. We did a 2 day private tour and it was excellent. Our guide Elena was very knowledgeable, personable and made our 2 days very enjoyable. We had an active tour and covered a great deal of the sites in St Petersburg in the 2 days without feeling the strain. A definite must do with Julia and the Dancing Bears Tours. You will not regret it. Highly recommend them.Written 7 January 2020
- I spent 3 days on a private tour and guidance of ms. Svetlana was exellent. She comes from St.Petersburg and she knows a lot of stories about the city and places we visited. Her english is good, so I would recommend you to take her as yout tour guide if you visit St. Petersburg.
I loved her enthusiasm about things she explained and the fact that she really knows a lot about history of the city and a lot about art which you can find in miseums. If you have any additional wishes and questions, she knows how to answer them. Also a hint for lunch was extraordinary!
I'd really recommend this!Written 16 March 2019
- We had a nice tour in St Petersburg, highly recommend. Nice option to see St Petersburg from the different angleWritten 6 July 2021
- We had a great experience with the services from hautnah in St. Petersburg. Special thanks to our guide Anna who had all her facts straight and spoke perfect German. The restaurant we went to was really need and we ate some of our best pie there. We had the feeling of being in control of the trip, because we could choose what to do or not to do.
All in all we had a great experience in St. Petersburg and we can just recommend it to everyone!Written 17 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about St. Petersburg