Tours in Contadora Island
Top Tours in Contadora Island, Panama
Contadora Island Tours
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great dives, comfy boat, and great equipment with Guillermo. His vast experience makes him know every spot around Contadora.Written 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a very good day with Ilene and Terry whale watching and snorkeling. We saw a blue whale with a baby and another whale plus dolphins on top. Ilene had very good Informations about the whales and even an underwater microphone to hear them singing. When the kids got tired of watching the whales they took us snorkeling to an island and Ilene watched our little daughter on the beach while the other three of us were snorkeling with terry. So we had an awesome tour with them and would really recommend her and Terry!Written 16 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our group of 4 really enjoyed our time on this peaceful island. We visited on a day pass and found the island beautiful and relaxing . The staff were very friendly and accomodating to our needs.
There was a welcome snack as well as lunch with the day pass. Lunch was cooked fresh and was excellent. This included water or iced tea to drink. There is a bar with other drinks available for purchase.
There are 2 beaches- one which is more calm and has some good snorkeling spots and the other with more waves, There are beach chairs and loungers at each one. Towels are not included for the day pass visit. Water was very clear.
The resort is available both as day pass or also offers accomodations for overnight stay- tent like structures with hammocks for sleeping or lovely appearing ( from the outside- did not go in) cabins with a/c and indoor plumbing.
Day pass includes ferry transportation by Sea Las Perles from Flamenco Island on the Amador Causeway- the ferry leaves at 730 am and makes 2 stops before Isla Bolanos where the Sonny Island resort is located. The time from Flamenco to the first stop (Saboga Island) is about 90 minutes so it is about 2-2.5 hours to Sonny Island. We did see several humpback whales on the way. The ferry does the reverse route in the afternoon, picking up from Sonny Island at ~3pm so overall we were there about 5 hours.
The reason I did not give a 5: We were not aware that there is no dock so you do have to transfer from the ferry to a small motorboat which then takes you to the island. This is definitely not handicapped accessible and may be an issue for those with physical challenges. There is no ladder to climb up from the motorboat back into the ferry but the staff were willing to assist and help with identifying footholds. The island is also not handicapped accessible - no paved paths to the restaurant area or restrooms.Written 17 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've traveled with Anne to see humpback whales, gray whales, and blue whales. She's compassionate and patient with tourists. She has a knack of attracting animals--even wild whales--to the delight of everyone in her boat. She's exceptionally knowledgeable of whales and other marine life. Anne goes out of her way to ensure your adventure with her exceeds your expectation. I definitely recommend any of her trips.
If you are in Panama, make Anne's humpback whale watching your trip #1 of 1.Written 28 February 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I talked on the phone with Pasqual for a day trip around the island. everything was set. he said he'd fetch at the arrival of the ferry. He didn't. When I called he wasn't even on the island! I was frustrated as the beauty is on the islands around not in Contadora itself.Written 30 March 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Contadora Island
- These places are best for tours in Contadora Island:
- Coral Dreams
- Pearl Islands Day Tours
- Sonny Island Resort
- Whale and Dolphin Wisdom Retreats
- LAS PERLAS SAILING - Day Tours
Contadora Island Tours Information
|Tours Prices From||€810|