Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
10 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Located within old town, stands this ornate temple, nice to have a walk around escaping the hustle and bustle,Written 13 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The old house remains as it’s original design and pass on for generations. A typical Chinese mixed with Japanese design house of ancient day. With an open centre court for fresh air and sunlight. One interesting part of the house kept the records of flood level and the earlier flood was so high that’s hard to believe.Written 13 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There’re several houses from Chinese immigrants and this is Cantonese. The garden at the back of the house is vast and open to rest. The red date and pillars are impressive too.Written 11 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Interesting area to see boat making and noodle making. Fun place to stop at. People were nice, Nice place to take pictures. Interesting to see how boats are made and great carpentry and wood carvings.Written 2 April 2023
- Arrive hungry!
While they do offer other items the set menu is a well priced and great introduction to the deliciousness that is banh xeo.
You'll be served a veritable mountain of delicious food, banh xeo pancakes, fried spring rolls, 2 types of meat on a stick, a basket of assorted greens and their wonderful dipping sauce and then you'll be shown how to eat it.
Once you have chowed your way through the very generous portion you are given a lovely mousse dessert - mango or chocolate.
They staff and owners are friendly and attentive, although not annoyingly so.
We make it a point to visit at least once every trip to Hoi An. Honestly we would go more often as it is so tasty but the portions are huge.Written 20 August 2022
- This is close to Japan bridge and easily accessed. This dark brown wooden house is nice architecture both from outside and inside to see. Interesting combination of Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese with ceiling.Written 30 September 2023
- Located in old town, near the central market, is this lovely ornate structure, that adds beauty to the area.Written 13 November 2023
- For certain people this would be interesting , however all I can say been there but will not go again. The owners is very friendly and the atmosphere is very calm. However it the final purpose of them is for you to buy souvenirs and home made artifacts at the end of the visit.Written 6 November 2023
- Located in the old centre, is this lovely temple, we especially love the gate, it come into its own at night, makes for awesome photos, definitely worth seeing when in the area, especially at nightWritten 10 November 2023
- This well is used by locals, especially for those who cook white roses. It’s believed that white roses can’t be cooked by other water but the water from this well. Interesting! I came across to a local who came here to collect water here.Written 12 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Hoi An
- These are the best places for kid-friendly historic sites in Hoi An:See more historic sites for children in Hoi An on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking historic sites in Hoi An:See more historic sites for groups in Hoi An on Tripadvisor