Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Chernobyl
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Obviously you can no longer see the actual reactor as it's hiddent underneath the new "sarcophagus" they finished buliding in 2016. However, you can get quite close to the strcture and for those who go inside the power plant, you can actually go inside the Control Room #4, where the accident basically started. It is cool to see it from outside, but visiting the Control Room is even better.Written 25 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Duga was a Soviet over-the-horizon radar (OTH) system used as part of the Soviet missile defense early-warning radar network. The system operated from July 1976 to December 1989 and people call it also "Moscow Eye". Two operational Duga radars were deployed, one near Chernobyl and Chernihiv, the other in eastern Siberia.Written 8 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Going there was a forever life changing experience. God blessed me with colon cancer. 5 out of 5 stars!Written 18 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A day trip tour from Kiev costs around U$115,00 with lunch and personal dosimeter included, it departs usually at 8:00 AM and comes back to Kiev around 5:00 - 07:00 PM.
Even on a day trip it´s sure to visit the amusement park with the iconic ferris wheel, Chernobyl village, Pripiat buildings including the swimming pool, enter the kindergarten, Get close to reactor 4, Duga radar and other places according the guide and group plans.
It´s well worth your time and money.
Try to avoid hot months which in Ukraine is june to august because no matter the temperature we have to wear clothes to cover all body, arms and legs. I went there in October and the weather was very pleasant.Written 24 November 2019
- This monument is located in the Chernobyl city. There are more monuments there and generally all in this area need to remain us people who died, were hurt because of catastrophe or abandoned their houses.Written 8 July 2021
- When you are crossing the security control of Chernobyl special zone soon you will reach welcome sign of the city. Good idea to stop and make picture.Written 8 July 2021
- Monument dedicated to heroes firemen who were first trying to save factory and as name says- world. Unfortunately some of them died.Written 8 July 2021
- The Memorial "Warmwood Star" was built in 2010-2011 for 25 year anniversary of catastrophe. There are 162 signs of names of towns which people have abandoned.Written 8 July 2021
- Did a nuclear power plant only tour (1 day) with them.
Was very well organzied und the trip went without any complaints. Communication before and on the trip with the guide was very easy.Written 7 October 2021
- Take the ChernobylX tour. I took this tour twice. Once to visit Chernobyl, and the other to visit inside the reactor.Written 17 January 2022
- Thank you Chernobyl Today for organization our trip to the Chernobyl Zone.From the first to last step all were excellent!
I definitely recommend Chernobyl Today to my friends!Written 11 February 2020
- It was not a usual trip, but a very special one to feel how fragile our planet is. Due to the professionalism of Chernobyl Book we felt very comfortable and safe all the time. We could not have chosen a better company for this trip. It was both very informative and emotional. Even writing about it gives me goosebumps - as it was such a real feel of the tragedy which changed the lives of so many people, villages and towns. Thank you for this surrealistic STALKER experience and for accommodating the needs of our international group.Written 16 February 2020
- This is the only place close to Chernobyl and within the exclusion zone where the tour bus stops for lunch. This place is the main canteen for the workers still at Chernobyl. A 4 course lunch consisting of a choice of hiome made detlicious soups, salad and stew finisshed by cake. Includuded are 2 x soft drinks. As this is the workers canteen, please respect their privacy as our group was informed not to take pictures of them by our tour guide.Written 12 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Chernobyl
- The best day trips from Chernobyl according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone - One-day Private Tour from Kyiv
- Group Tour to Chernobyl and Pripyat
- Private Tour to Chernobyl from Kiev with Lunch
- Individual tour to the Chernobyl Zone from Kyiv
- Safe Visit to Chernobyl | One-day Chernobyl Group Tour |