Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
Popular things to do
- 4WD Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Ancient Ruins
- Day Trips
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Bus Tours
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Hammams & Turkish Baths
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Special Offers
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shopping Tours
- Family Friendly
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
Top Attractions in Side
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- If you are in Sidet, this is a must see, very well preserved, nice and clean area, lots of other areas of interest all around this area.Written 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Truly breathtaking sight to go into the amphitheater. Well preserved! It was a surreal experience taking a moment to reflect on what it would have looked like in its glory days, fully packed with people. Must visit if you are in Side or the vicinity!Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Side Museum is worth seeing and good value for money.
Everything seems clearly catalogued. Part of the baths (hamam) have been utilised to display statues and it is very well presented. Most of the display is outdoors in the gardens. The small niche in the outdoor garden to sit gazing at the ocean is a welcome break on hot days! I was only disappointed that the Atelier section was closed off when I visited in June, as I would have liked to see some of the gold coins.
Most fascinating part of the collection for me was the display of petite iron-cast and glass oil Lamps (kandiller). I enjoy those little functional ornaments.Written 5 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice and baeutiful place .Good natural and historical place, advice everybody to vizit one timeWritten 10 July 2022
- This and the other ruins around Side are great if you like this kind of thing. This area is free to walk around and the area beyond. Definitely worth exploring.
Kids loved it.Written 1 June 2022
- it was amazing to see have well several ruins have keep considering how old they and how well built they must be to stand up to timeWritten 31 March 2022
- Bridge rebuilt the 2nd time in 1998 with nice limestone slabs. Original bridge built in Roman times and some of it is still visible. Rebuilt in 13th century by the Selchuks. Impressive structure.Written 12 February 2020
- worth having a walk around sme places you can walk into othersare bebind rilings worth a look whie out for a walkWritten 31 March 2022
- A lot of the pictures of Devlet Agorasi on trip advisor reviews are of other sites in Side, so it may be advisable to check info if you want specifics.
It is located near to the beach (after either turning left from the ampitheatre or meandering through the ruins and paved walkways of the ancient city (Anitk Kenti)).
It must have been a fabulous siight when it was intact- illustrations nearby give full infoWritten 18 November 2019
- Everywhere you go around Side there are archaeological sites but watch out for men wearing grey jackets who appear to be there to guide and take photos for you. These are NOT official and I found one man in particular wanted to be closer than I was comfortable with so decided to leave, at which point he held out his hand for money and expected us to pay him 10 lira.Written 8 November 2017
- If you're looking for an incredible spa and hammam experience, this is where you need to be. I have been to Q-Spa a couple of times now and both times have had the most incredible experiences!
All of the staff are absolutely incredible, so kind and attentive, and the experience as a whole is luxurious. The ladies who provide the Turkish bath and massages are so experienced, professional and so lovely, and give some of the best massages I've ever had.
The venue is gorgeous, and we were even treated to a lovely fruit plate and Turkish tea which we enjoyed outside in the garden.
I couldn't recommend this place enough if you want a 5 star spa experience while also getting all the true essence of a traditional Turkish hammam. I will be going back as many times as possible!Written 20 May 2022
- The experience was great, even though I was freaking out a bit (first time). The instructor was super great and patient, the whole team is professional and clearly they know what they are doing... thank you so much.
And the kittens-my doughters loved them ❤️Written 31 July 2022
- You can shop for designer goods, souvenirs eating and enjoy the cultural and visit the sea lots to see, eat and enjoy.Written 13 June 2022
- We stayed at the nearby Acanthus hotel which is a five minute walk away from Delphin. It's modest but with great staff and easy to book (we used Facebook messenger with a prompt reply). We had such good massages that we went back for another before we returned home. Excellent massages and great value. Much better than what the hotel spa could offer. Highly recommended.Written 11 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Side
- The best day trips from Side according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Perge,Aspendos,Side and Waterfall (sightseeng) excursion,trip,daily.
- Full-Day Alanya Tour with Cable Car and Boat Trip
- 5-Hour Boat Tour in Green Canyon (From Side, Belek, Alanya)
- Green Canyon Boat Tour from Side
- Temple of Apollo, Aspendos and Manavgat Waterfalls Day Tour from Alanya