Top Attractions in Monastir
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Only a 15 minute visit at most, but interesting all the same - in particular some fo the photos of Bourghiba with other world leaders.Written 15 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful historical monumen...seriously...tworth seeing...
I love the history and cultural wealth that has been preserved for us, and even if it is a pile of stones_it is a piece of history and the conscientious work of our ancestors...Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The whole estate is absolutely huge. The government have started selling off large plots to the extremely rich for them to build their own "palaces". Didn't actually pay to go inside the palace, but saw Bourguiba' Presidential limo. Beautiful Merc from 1950 somethingWritten 10 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One can look down onto the Marina when visiting the Ribat and that gives a great view and well worth a look.Written 5 February 2020
- how to deal with clients and the special tours and the management is perfect, also i like how the coaches are working with the kids nicely.
good job and keep it up <3Written 21 January 2022
- Not too expensive. Everything you need for yourself and for presents. Usual stuff as in other countries.Written 24 August 2018
- Wonderfull, quiet place in Monastir to drink a coffee or tea and eat something nice baked. One of the very few places in town where you can get inspired by the art of Tunisian artists. Including a beautiful garden to sit and relax, good service and an inspiring artistic boutique. A nice place to spent some time to come to ease and get inspired by the artworks or buy an original souvenir.Written 20 June 2013
- Its my second visit to this small museum & today I took photos of some of the lovely costumes to share as I found it worthwhile if you're in the area .It's not far from the Bourghiba Mausoleum on the corner of Ave de L'Independence.The entrance fee is 5 Dinar & 1 dinar extra if you intend to take photos .Open from 9AM to 16h.Written 9 January 2015
- it offers lots of games for children and even for ados and adults, never think to take the Monastir eye(the big circle that is like the London eye) because someone died there, be careful when playing. the café-resto is good, cheap prices but not that great food, nothing special in it, just regular food. you have to try it especially when with your children but you won't have that much fun.Written 27 August 2019
- My daughter liked it and so did I until I got told off by the attendant. He said it is only for little children? So we didn't go on it after that. My husband had been on it the day before and he was fine. Strange and quite pointless unless you have really small kids.Written 15 August 2014
- Love this place try to visit everytime I visit this great country please remember to barter if they say 100 you want to pay 30 or less but please remember that they have to make a living also and there main source of income is tourism which has been bad over the last few years if you talk to the people of Tunisia you will find they are among the most friendly people you can meet and will go out of there way to help you, you can get most things here including your gifts for home?
Enjoy your visit to this great country and please read my other reviews.Written 24 December 2019
- Surprised by the beauty of this island especially the clear water, very good service by yacht and zodiac, booked by internet.Written 20 September 2022
- Right next to the train station og Monastir you will find this place. Inspiring quotes, lovely items in the shop (most of them recycled) and delicious tea and lemonade. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed and my son was entertained with playing and drawing material. Very friendly owners. They are still enriching the concept with perhaps lunch but already it is a place truly worth a visit! Workshops and opening hours are on their facebookpage.Written 11 June 2018
- Wasn't impressed. My daughter's 6 and pretty tall so I thought this would be ok until I got there realised it looks more like teenage age. They don't look very safe sadly.
They look fun thoughWritten 4 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Monastir
- The best outdoor activities in Monastir according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Monastir on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Monastir according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Tour to Kairouan, El Jem & Monastir with Lunch from Tunis_hammamet
- Must-see Day trip SOUSSE - MONASTIR from Tunis or Hammamet
- Tunis, Sidi Bousaid and Carthage Day Trip from Monastir
- Tour Kairouan, Colosseum of El Djem and Monastir (With professional guide)
- Kairouan Tour, Colosseum of El Djem and Monastir (Without professional guide)