Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Our hotel fronted the beach and we spent the majority of our time sunbathing on this beach.
Golden sands with little shells and turquoise sea with little fish.
Great beach to relax and sunbath, listening to the waves.Written 11 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Definitely has the local charm, as long as youre not bothered by salesmen who keep inviting you to their shops!Written 6 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- To be honest the only thing worth seeing here is the view form the top. There is little exhibition but it is only in arabic and french languages. Not much of decorations.Written 29 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gives quite an impression, white graves are covering all of the land leading up to the fort and looking out to the sea.Written 6 July 2022
- Built by the Fatimid Imam in 916 AD, the design of the mosque is every bit Fatimid Style, same as that found in Egypt, where the Fatimids ruled for a considerable period of time.
After 1100 years, the mosque still attracts crowd for prayers nd has been well maintained by the care takers of the mosque.Written 18 November 2022
- There are a few good mosaics from El Jem and some Roman statues downstairs. Upstairs are more recent exhibits- coins, manuscripts, chests etc.
You can go outside and climb the stairs to the roof for some amazing views of the surrounding countryside and sprawling town.
A good museum but doesn’t take long to go around, entrance is 8td.Written 20 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Mahdia
- The most popular things to do in Mahdia with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Mahdia on Tripadvisor
Mahdia Attractions Information