- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The highest peak of Tamilnadu. The place is bustling with tourists since it’s proper holiday season after a pause of two years due to the pandemic.
We started early from Ooty town. Takes about 30 minutes to cover 8 kms. Roads are narrow but well maintained. Parking at the topmost point is organised inspite of the crowds.
Views are excellent.
Entry fees Rs. 10 per person and Rs. 20 for a car.
Carry appropriate wear for rain as it drizzles many a times during the day. It’s also windy.
Overall, a family place for all ages.Written 30 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you want to enjoy a peaceful location, please visit this place. Small museum and hanging bridge are there to enjoy. This place is very near to city, but very calm and serene. Walking in the trails giving the feel of forest atmosphere. Had a nice tea in the canteenWritten 17 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is part of my visit to Ooty(Nilgiris District), I and my husband started our hiking in the morning along with a guide. Nilgiris hills/mountain is a range of mountains spread across the border of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala, and part of the Western Ghats in western Tamil Nadu. Nilgiris mean “ Blue Mountain “. Along the way, we crossed many interesting things such as Toda Hut which basically house of the original tribe who used to live in Nilgiris mountain, unique plants etc. We crossed many beautiful tea plantations,local nursery farms and beautiful hills. We’d seen Indian Bisons or Gaur while hiking. We ended our hiking by eating with locals. What a great experience. Enjoy every moment in there.Written 22 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
- These are the best places for groups seeking mountains in Ooty (Udhagamandalam):See more mountains for groups in Ooty (Udhagamandalam) on Tripadvisor