Top Attractions in Zahle
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Located in Zaher. Amazing house and the cave was beautiful. However the visits was so fast that we are just running and we could not hear anything from the explanation of the guide. We finished the tour in few minutes!!! On top you pay for it !!!Written 22 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A family run winery, tour was conducted by one of the daughters of the founder. The family carry on their father's legacy. Short tour of the cellar was good, then the tasting, lots of information and history, I sampled about 8 wines across their range plus some arak.
Purchased 3 bottles to take home.
I did tasting at 2 other wineries Ksara and Keyfraya, neither came close in quality or wines offered, but charge same.Written 1 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice view of the valley from above... unfortunately we could not reach the top since no electricity... but the scenery was beautiful. And the place worth to visit. Going down to visit also the monastery with his beautiful chapel and see the miraculous lady icon and also the church fully painted... the valley of Sahel is peaceful and clam and the atmosphere is cool. To be visitedWritten 22 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a fabulous experience at the Coteaux du Liban. The owner gave us a fantastic overview of the history of the winery and how her husband had grown the winery up. You could feel his passion coming through her and the impact this has on the wines they produce. She was very hospitable during our visit in spite of us arriving without booking in advance. We tasted some fabulous wines that afternoon, and the whole experience was highly recommended - this is a definite winery to go to in Lebanon, and I would thoroughly recommend to anyone to go. A fantastic tasting all around!
I would definitely recommend booking up, as we were lucky the owner was around when we visited, but if you book up then you won't be disappointed!Written 31 December 2019
- We went today to Domaine des Tourelles for a tour and wine tasting....we liked it a lot...it’s an old winery...Reine was our tour guide she was smiling all the time and helpful...she even took us to see the vineyard and taste the grapes... and we were able to see how the cycle begin and were it ends...the wine tasting were under a big tree ...we liked sitting there...we were very near the road but we couldn’t hear anything...it’s an old place that attract you and you feel you want to stay more especially that they are very kind with us...we bought some bottles of wine and liquors ...they are very yummy...I will go back again for sureWritten 16 September 2020
- It is one of the oldest churches in Zahle... It was renovated to show the old cachet of the monastery and church... It is very beautiful... At Christmas it is all lit with wonderful colors all over it from outside and a very big Christmas crib inside... It is a place to visit when you are in Zahle... It is highly recommendedWritten 20 December 2018
- I discovered a new and very interesting Winery in the Bekaa Valley of Lebanon. Domaine Wardy is very close to the valley’s largest city called: Zahleh. I had this Domaine Wardy winery on my list of: ‘must visit Lebanese Wineries’ for a long time and it wasn’t until yesterday that I had contacted the owners by email for an appointment to sample their fantastic Wine Tasting.
During the summer they conduct their wine tasting a short distance from their actual winery. It is in a very nice area of the Bekaa Valley called Freijeh Farms. The owners of Domaine Wardy have constructed three large Bedouin Tents and they have divided each tent off into comfortable seating areas. A very nice ‘natural touch’ are the tables as they simply use three wooden pallets on top of each other for each ‘table’! These three Bedouin Tents are in a nice large grass area and all face a sizeable horse paddock as one of the owners raises Arabian horses! This wine tasting area is very conducive for enjoying a great time with the wineries owners and management team plus enjoying their numerous and very, very flavorsome wines.
The wine glasses they use are very special and quite unique as they are all crystal and ‘stem less’. This is a very good idea as there is very little chance these wine glasses will tip over and spill, especially on their irregular wooden table tops.
The owners do recommend that you email them to make an appointment for your wine tasting. This can be completed on their very professional Domaine Wardy website or directly by email.
Finally, Domaine Wardy are in the midst of changing all their wine labels and the new wine labels are all very, very unique and distinctive.Written 22 August 2019
- Great place for all the weekdays and weekends, good music , great atmosphere and cocktails. Good spot.Written 5 July 2021
- I can comfortably say this is the best indoor jungle gym I've stumbled across in Lebanon. my 6 yr old and 2.5 yr old thoroughly enjoyed it. it's safe, fun, and spacious. there's arcades and trampolines and bumper cars to suit different age groups. we didn't try the food but the menu had several choices, albeit all fast foody as one would expect at this kind of place. however the mall has many restaurant options to choose from. overall I thought this place offered good value for money.Written 8 August 2018
- As i mentioned in title; great place but expensive with short period for game.
All the rest about games, staff and cleanliness are excellent.Written 2 November 2017
- This Business steals money and changes prices after gift certificates have already been purchased. DO NOT BUY a gift certificate! They would not give me an appointment priority because you have already paid from gift certificate. THEN when poorly times appoinment was finally allowed they said I had to pay more because of the changing economy. I explained what had happened and the response was "this is not my problem." As any professional business would acknowledge, the customer should be priority. This is not the case with Piel. I would highly discourage giving them business.Written 30 April 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Zahle
- The best day trips from Zahle according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Guided Small-Group Tour to Baalbek, Anjar and Ksara with Lunch and Tickets
- Anjar, Baalbek, and Ksara Day Trip from Beirut
- Lebanon Wine Tasting Tour From Beirut
- Small Group Tours to Baalbek, Anjar & Chateau Ksara with lunch and Tickets
- Baalbek - Anjar - Ksara Trip From Beirut