Historic Sites • Churches & Cathedrals
Popular things to do
- Day Trips
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Historic Sites
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Private Day Trips
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- 4WD Tours
- Historical Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Sporting Events
- Special Offers
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
Top Attractions in Sibenik
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful from the outside. We paid 40kn to get in but due to the renovation nothing more could have been seen. Still glad that we stepped in for those few minutes.Written 9 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is nothing interesting in the fortress itself, but there are great views of the old town of Sibenik. However, the price of admission is quite high.Written 19 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The setting was lovely and very authentic and the service from the waiter was great but, you are paying for the experience.
The food was ok but nothing special and the price at the end certainly didn’t reflect the quality of the food. It’s nice to have done it but I won’t be rushing back.Written 27 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Recommend this winery. Nice accomodation, lovely wine, special local food. Go there! You will be satisfied.Written 2 August 2022
- Fantastic place to come. They have great presentations with owls and hawks, you learn a lot of interesting things about these birds and you can feed them during the presentation. The place is also a hospital for wounded or sick wild birds.
The hosts are excellent, friendly and very interesting and witty. Place also has a small cafe with refreshments. If you are in Šibenik, you can not miss visiting this place.Written 1 August 2022
- On arrival we went straight for the town hall as we knew it is the monument and one place which is the centre of the town and one of the main attractions.
When we got to the entrance we seen everyone leaving and so did we as the price to enter the town hall was rather expensive 30kn - yes it is not alot if you are staying in Sibenik for a few days but if you sre there for a day it is expensive.
However you could tell it looked lovely inside, but we got some great images of the place from the outside.
Definitely a recommendation for this place.Written 3 August 2020
- Had no idea that the Adriatic Coast would be as beautiful as it was... knew it would be nice, of course, but there is so much to see, so much beauty. Have fallen for Croatia.Written 28 April 2022
- Due to Corona restrictions our family went to the fortress in "private tour", because there was noone else on board. We liked it very much. Yes, it was expensive (around 100 HRK per person), but a travel agency offered us an audio guide, that explained new and interesting facts, the stuff was always ready to help and the view from the boat was marvelous. Audio guide is also good for children, as they have some AR, videos and games in there.Written 17 July 2021
- Great walk highly recommneded. The part close to Sibenik is a bit steep at places. Personally we was happy that we had brought our walking sticks for support. Others may be fine walking without - but for the part up and down the hills you need solid walking shoes (no-flip-flops please - there is a few 20-30 meter drops from the side of the trail if you fall)Written 26 September 2021
- Beware the winding trip up the hill if your driving , those roads have a few hairy turns!
Greeted by a lovely lady in the ticket office with options of just Barone fortress or also St Michael Fortress Price ranges form 40-70 Kuna and less for children , this includes an interactive iPad that gives info if you point it at nearby board ! The views alone are outstanding , a photographers paradise .
It’s in better condition , safety wise than many of the other forts I’ve seen oh my Croatia adventure . If you are in a wheelchair , whilst not perfect it is a little better to get around in , then after a a wander take a look through the shop , they have local and handmade
Handmade items, then to a coffee , cake , snacks in this upmarket cafe , with
a waiter who was professional and friendly as was the lady serving in the gift shop!
On a hot day an early start would
Be ideal !Written 31 August 2019
- Food is horrible, literally horrible.
Pizza’s come from a pre-made frozen box and are uneatable.
The tuna salad is from a local grocerie store just sold for 5x the priceWritten 3 July 2022
- Actually a very small space, no air, very hot. Person selling tickets disinterested. It's not very clean and it looks like lizards can get out of some of the houses. It can be seen, but you won't lose anything if you skip the visit.Written 27 July 2022
- This a beautiful spot to stop and chill.
It’s very small but has a lovely little cafe and you can enjoy the tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of the city.Written 11 September 2019
- Beach is long and pleasent for relaxing although would need to be cleaned more. Some caffee bars make scene lively.Written 22 September 2018
- One of the best small museums we visited in all of Croatia, they are really tourist friendly. Laid out on multi levels inside the old palace, you will go through a great time travel of the area with excellent explanations in English and modern layouts of exhibits.
Easy to stroll, plenty of space, great for pictures, a model for other museums in the country. Not expensive for the quality of the content. I thought it would take an hour to cover, but closer to two hours if you want to see and read everything.
Well-worth the visit.Written 3 February 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Sibenik
- The best day trips from Sibenik according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Krka Waterfalls and Sibenik Small Group Tour with Free Wine Tasting from Split
- Krka Waterfalls and Sibenik Tour from Split or Trogir (Included: Entry Ticket)
- Split to Krka Waterfalls - Full Day Private Tour Including Free Detour
- Split: Krka National Park Experience with Panoramic Boat Cruise
- Full-Day Kornati Archipelago Tour by Speedboat