256 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 256
What travellers are saying
- The fast way to get to Tobago. Great to maneuver in between all the big ships waiting for the canal. We were lucky, on our way back the captain took a small detour to see some whales.Written 7 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just had our first trip on the Panama City Subway. Staff was very helpful in obtaining our Metro Card and showed us how to charge it. Very simple process. Uou scan your card to enter and scan your card on the way out. Thirty-five cents to ride either one stop or the entire length of Line 1. The cars were very clean, and everyone onboard was fine. No drama, no threats, no graffiti. There were plenty of young people and they were dressed nicely. This is the first subway that I've ever taken, in any city, and it was great. We took the trip all the way to the Albrook Mall/National Bus Terminal, and you couldn't ask for a better service.Written 23 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had the pleasure of meeting Renan because he provided us driver service to/from PTY. He was so warm and welcoming from the get go! His service was exceptional! Booking was simple and when I had questions, my email messages were answered promptly. Great taxi service so book them when you visit Panama.Written 11 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Panama Canal Railway has a nostalgic atmosphere. It's a great way to see various sights along the canal. A somewhat educational and enjoyable, especially for families. Narration is not provided so you may not know where the train is located exactly during the ride. But they provide a nice little snack box with a little map on top of the lid!Written 2 August 2023
- We traveled by Ferry Las Perlas on a week day, it was monday. It was not too crowded but there many people. Las Perlas is amazing, clear turquoise waters, and beautiful islands, but you need to research in order to pick the best one for your style. We got there early, and they have a tent with chairs so you can sit while you wait. Everything was fast and service was friendly. The boat is comfortable, and it feels safe.
They have several stops in different islands, and you get off where you want to stay. We requested to stop in Contadora, grab an early lunch at a restaurant, and then hired a small boat for island hopping. This is the best idea if you want to see the real beauty of Las Perlas.Written 20 May 2018
- I just returned from Panama City and had the best experience with Camilo of CAB Tours and Transfers. I sent him an email in a panic with a list of requirements - including 10 people, a mother with limited mobility and a stepfather who wanted to see a canon he helped bring up from the ocean floor in the 1970's. Camilo responded almost immediately and came though on everything. We used his services 6 out of the 7 days we were in Panama and could not have felt more cared for! He made sure that a wheelchair was delivered to our hotel for the duration of our trip so we had it available if we needed it. He worked so hard to find that canon too - even met with the minister of culture TWICE! Unfortunately, he wasn't able to locate the exact canon, but he found one that was from the same ship and got us to the museum to see it. He was responsive (sometimes within hours!) and provided an answer to every question I had, and I had a lot. He gave great restaurant suggestions and knew what we needed to do to beat the crowds on our tours. His prices were very fair and exactly what he told me they would be. Don't hesitate to put your trust in Camilo, he will do an excellent job for you!Written 1 May 2023
- Excellent experience. She explained all you need to know about Panama city in the transfer and made us feel comfortable since minute 1Written 28 October 2023
- I was a bit afraid about scheduling a tour in Panama and I gave it a try to Melania Tour. I don't regret it at all. I had a 12-hour connexion in Panama and I wanted to get to know the most of this country during this time. Melania did everything to show me everything and I enjoyed the company. The car is really good as well. I totally recommend it.Written 9 July 2018
- First time in Panama, and my experience was really amazing, food, views, 🏖, and I had an amazing tour guide Ernesto Morales, very knowledgeable soft spoken gently man, who took me around Panama including the tour of the Canal. Highly recommend Valitours.Written 15 August 2023
- I booked Pineapple Shuttle based on previous reviews and Eddie did not disappoint. Excellent 5 star service. We did an airport transfer to the hotel and then back again for the return flight. Driver was on time and already waiting for us upon exiting baggage claim, with a sign and our name to easily identify. Communication via whatsapp was easy and effortless. Please book Eddie when you are in Panama, you will be glad you did!Written 2 August 2023
- The best way of moving within Panamá! The shuttle is súper confortable, from wi fi to free water. I also had the best attention by Gina at the moment of sorting any doubt! 🌞🌞🌞🌞 lovely pink busWritten 15 May 2023
- We had a layover at Panama, so we decided to take this this tour. It was a good tour where we visited the old city and the Panama Canal, Eduardo was a good guide that explained to us the history of the places we visited.
Overall, it was a good tour.Written 23 November 2023
- Bill was awesome!!! He's extremely friendly and outgoing. Seems like everyone in Panama knows him. When we were hungry, he brought us to a great restaurant and waited for us. He is polite, funny and knows this country very well. The ultimate tour guide!Written 8 August 2023
- As full paying customers ($135 I think it is unrepensable to have your guests basically sitting on humps and the floor for a 2+ hour return trip. I had to stand the entire 2+ hour trip bsck to Panama City. My sister had to sit on the floor. She has back issues and sun allergy. I have videos and pictures to show. The ferry departing from Panama City had approximately forty people. The return ferry has approximately 120 people.Boarding boats of locals who I'm more than positive didn't pay the full price or even at all is not good business. Even the worker on the boat realized this and tried to put us on another boat that was full as well. Sea Perlas should rid the greed or make better preparations.Written 15 April 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Panama City
- These experiences are best for transportation in Panama City:
- Private Transfer from Tocumen Airport to Downtown Panama City, Panama
- Private Panama Transfers
- Shared Transfer from Tocumen Airport to Panama City Downtown
- Full Day Tour to Miraflores Gates and Gamboa Zip Line
- Private airport or hotel pick-up service.