Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Bulgaria
Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
Admission tickets from €8.00
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- From the Festa Panaroma we were only a 15 min walk to the old town. I would recommend walking around the Old Town by day and in the evening. Museum well worth a visit too.Written 2 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I did not go in the Nevsky Cathedral, but only walked past/round it one sunny afternoon earlier this month. I would like to go in if I am ever back in Sofia.Written 22 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 10th century East Orthodox Monastery has an undeniable feel of serenity. Maybe it helped I visited during off season (Nov) & in the late afternoon - around 3pm. I especially enjoyed the frescoes surrounding the entrance and don't miss the bakery towards the rear - - amazing traditional donuts! There was a monk inside reciting some hymes which felt tranquil. Careful not to make too much noise-security patrols the area asking people to pipe down.Written 21 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walking in old roads in Plovdiv make you smell the rich ancient history, you'll enjoy all the details and the antiques you gonna find. a variety of nice restaurants also in the old townWritten 3 November 2022
- I walked from my hotel to the Dragalevtski Monastery, a 30 minutes walk up into the VItosha Mountain. Then walked on a 4 km path from there to the Boyana church, most of it in the forest in the mountain. A nice walk, even in the rain.Written 8 November 2022
- The main road of Sofia has lots to offer. Variety of restaurants for all taste like italian, turkish, thai and chinese cuisine can satisfy anyone. If you are lucky enough to walk across it on a night with good temperature then you will enjoy it to the maximum.Written 22 July 2022
- Beautiful and unique from outside. No photos allowed inside. Lot of art in its wall and ceilings. Cute garden outside as wellWritten 5 November 2022
- When I was at the Boyana church, there was a group of Bulgarian tourists just arriving. I bought my ticket and then noticed that there was a guide instructing the Bulgarians. I didn't understand what she was saying so I just went into the church, and walked around alone. Beautiful place.Written 8 November 2022
- Great fortress up above the river Yantra, very well-preserved, rather big and lots of stone stairs to climb, but the view made worthy. The entrance was 10 leva in November 2022.Written 23 November 2022
- The place is very nice. We went with the kids and they enjoyed it. There is a long queue for some of the attractions. The afternoon ticket is enough to enjoy the place without being there the whole day :)Written 13 September 2022
- Place full of history in every detail. Take your time, make a tour with a guide from the park, have a meal and you will be extreme happy!Written 16 November 2022
- Be prepared for a world of illusions and mind trix.
Definately worth it to go and take a trip! Thank you to the people working there and showing us around!Written 22 November 2022
- We came here Sept 2022, really great waterpark, caters for all ages & needs (even for those that dont like slides & just wanna relax)
Clean & staff polite & helpful - will be back againWritten 10 October 2022
- It took me some efforts to figure out where the Rotunda Church was, but I ended up finding it, behind a gate.Written 8 November 2022
- A great idea to create throughout the years this immense green oasis right above the sea side walk. It provides for the fresh air we all need and for a variety of distractions for all ages and tastes. Had some lovely walks through it, both during the day and in the evenings and appreciated how clean and well kept it is.
Highly recommended!Written 19 August 2022