Top Attractions in Egypt
Admission tickets from €31.41
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I'll start by saying I'm not a big fan of museums in general, but this one was a must-see. It's a little outdated inside. There's a lot of artifacts and they don't seem to be super well-organized for people who don't know what they're looking at (me). I would recommend getting a guide because there's soooo much history and it can be overwhelming. Can't take pictures of king tut's tombs which was disappointing, but I understand. Had food at the museum (Shawarma) which was over priced and so soWritten 23 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked an orange bay excursion with Oranten Travel and we had a really good time on the boat It was a really nice boat and the staff were so friendly there was two toilets on the boat and there was free drinks also on the boat and we had some fresh fruits at the beginning of the day it was so tasty and then we arrived at orange bay island at the island when we arrived we had a place to stay and keep our stuff and the island wasn't crowd then we started moving in the Crystal shallow water and we went on the swings which were so amazing for photos and then we went on a high wooden building it had a really fantastic view at the top of this building and then we went back at the same place we were staying to relax there was also a bar contains some drinks for a price we have stayed 2 hours on the island after we met again with the group we started moving back to the boat and when we arrived to the boat we had our lunch the food was so tasty we loved it and after lunch we went to snorkel we saw many beautiful corals and many types of fishes we really liked the snorkeling with our snorkeling guide after snorkeling we went to do the water sports which was banana boat and sofa boat it was so fun then we went back after finishing the water sports and in our way back we had some fruit it was really fantastic dayWritten 21 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An unforgettable day at the Ras Mohammed National Park with Ahmed. I found Ahmed's Whatsapp here and based on the great reviews, decided to take the chance - I am very glad I did! Ahmed is very kind, friendly and planned a lovely day. We snorkeled in two amazing spots in the national park, and being a novice I was naturally anxious. But Ahmed guided and encouraged me very well and made me feel safe in the water. We had a picnic in between and a filling Bedouin lunch, and the day ended with a view of the sunset. Thank you Ahmed for such a lovely day! Could not recommend enough!Written 23 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I really like to leave a comment here for other people who want to visit the Island Mahmya and don't know (yet) what to find on this beautiul place on earth...
I visited this Island during my last stay in Egypt (18-10-2022) with my best friend.
During the boattrip to the Island it was already clear by seeing the pictures in the internet that it would be a great place to stay , but after arriving i was completely surprised by the beauty of just everything ... the amazing colour of the water , the way of how the island was decorated in style, the atmosphere which immediately surround me like a warm coat , the staff which was very thoughtful and personal by calling me by name , very professional , the food we ordered was very tasty and nice served , in the background relaxing music which made all very complete.
We also made a lot of beautiful pictures which i keep as precious memory , but for sure we will be back , no doubt about it !!
On our way back we enjoyed an amazing sunset on the boat which made that day unforgettable ...
But better you go watch yourself and have an unforgettable addition to your holiday in beautiful EgyptWritten 30 October 2022
- The marina is a lovely place to find new places to eat, with a few shops behind the restaurants at the end of the row. It's not a massive place but you will find what you are looking for. Especially if it's a meal/drink with a lovely view of the sea & boats. Worth a visit. Was particularly sad to see The Clutch restaurant has now closedWritten 26 November 2022
- We did this in the morning and even then it was crowded but we saw when we were leaving it getting even more crowded. The tombs are wonderful to see and worth waiting. Our tour guide was very good and we managed to miss the rush to get into the tombs.Written 25 November 2022
- Such a generous experience. They are gigantic, mesmerizing. Photos don't do justice to the sheer size and beauty of this magnanimous architecture. Brain fade when you realise that Pharaoh built this monstrous skyscraper stand tall 480 ft with almost perfectly cut and aline million of limestone/granite, some of them are of 80 tons ( more than 12 African elephants), edges accurately allied with the direction of the earth and pointing towards Orion's belt. And
that was around 2600 BC, way before Pythagoras introduced his theorem. Even before the compass was invented.
It's a symbol of calculus mathematics, high-end engineering, proficiency in astronomy, advanced chemistry and delicate craftsmanship of great ancient Egyptians......Written 25 November 2022
- Beautiful sand beach and a wonderful, colorful reef. Lots of species, such as clownfish, rays, octopus, barracuda etc.Written 27 September 2022
- Just finished a 7 day Nile cruise.
We booked all the excursion packages available in the overall holiday booking and added those only available through the tour guide. All of these were provided by Meeting Point.
We are exhausted! Exhausted but very glad for every part of every day.
There were a number of early morning alarm calls to start the day, with early breakfast and departures. A fair amount of travel by coach, and a good bit of walking.
We would not have missed any part of it.
We visited Luxor, Karnak, Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut,, Colossi of Memnon, Kom Ombo Temple, Aswan Dams, Philae Temple, Nubian Experience, Esna Temple, and Abu Simnel, also sailed the Nile in motorised and sailing boats.
Every moment of every excursion was made entertaining and educational thanks to our Tour Manger and Egyptologist - Galal Hassan Marghany; he is not just knowledgable, he has a friendly and humourous delivery, is happy to take questions and means it when he refers to the tour group as 'family'Written 17 November 2022
- An amazing place that is uniquely designed. Our tour guide was excellent and answered all our questions. A lot to see and worth it.Written 6 November 2022
- Having only stayed in Hurghada previously we ventured up to the marina at El Gouna for lunch. It’s like a totally separate community (it’s worth taking your passport as we nearly didn’t gain entry. Luckily our driver convinced security to let us in). It also helps to have a restaurant reservation I understand. We hadn’t done that either. I love the fact that it is purpose built and immaculate. I’d read that the prices were high for meals. It might be more expensive here than other areas of Egypt but as British tourists we are used to paying these prices and much higher in parts of Europe. It was very quiet so did lack a bit of ambience but I think most people take a later lunch here. Everyone was friendly and we enjoyed a Tuk Tuk ride to the main gate where we were meeting our driver. Security were kind and let us shelter while we waited. I can’t wait to go back next year. I loved it :-)Written 17 August 2022
- An extensive historic site, moved block by block to Agilkia Island when the Aswan Dam was constructed. This UNESCO site is worthy of the ferry ride and a few hour visit for anyone interested in history. The site displays thousands of years of religious and cultural adaptation and transformation so walk the entire island and see each section. Guides are a must to explain the many wonderful architectural and historical things to see here.Written 15 November 2022
- We did this the morning we arrived in Luxor whilst waiting to check into our Nile cruise. It is breathtaking. So well kept and chock full of history. We would definitely suggest this and also would definitely do it with a guide as opposed to going on our own,Written 25 November 2022
- First thing we see when we search pyramids is a confusing list of pyramid names and youtube also doesn't help. I am writing all details based on my experience.
Firstly, there are three main pyramids (identified as world heritage ) they are height wise as below
1 Pyramid of Khufu ( also known as cheops)
2 Pyramid of Khafre
3 Pyramid of Menkaure
All three are in Giza plateau, entrance ticket is 440egp which entitles you to enter the premise and spend time exploring and taking as many photos as you like
Things to know
A) Entry inside pyramids is allowed for cheops (1000+ egp ) and Khafre (100 egp). It's basically tunnel to the tomb ( there are no paintings or sculptures inside but it is a good experience and you need to bend and walk for some distance
B) They allow to climb only cheops stones that too only at few spots rest all are prohibited for climbing
C) There is a panoramic view spot for viewing all three pyramids in one frame
D) There are toilets in experience centre
E) Carry umbrella, cap and water bottle to protect your self from the sweltering heat
F) No restrictions with camera , mobile, gimbal for photography (unless you are planning a video shoot)
I haven't experienced the disturbances from the street hawkers as shown in YouTube, I traveled with a guide and that could be the reason they didn't bother me. You see multiple horse and came rides , my suggestion is to clearly decide on pricing before you take the ride. You can bargain
Note : Multiple souvenirs shops are available all around. Ne aware of the fact that they are made of cheap materials and price is also cheap . Again remember to bargain.
Note: sound and light show is an experience you don't want to miss and that happens from 7 pm with entry fee of 440egp , that happens at spinx AvenueWritten 9 October 2022