- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
118 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Art Galleries • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Kensington and Hyde Park
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 118
What travellers are saying
- My wife and I stayed at Pan Pacific Hotel during our holiday in Yangon. The Junction City shopping complex is next door with undercover access.
We came here for dinner and had a walk through the complex. Plenty of shops and restaurants.Written 24 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Myanmar Plaza may have been at the top of its game when opened a few years ago, but in comparison to other malls, in particular Junction City, its lost some of its lustre and is looking a little tired, with a number of prime units now empty.
It does however, still have the best selection of stores, a great food court area and plenty of parking out of all the malls.
Well worth a visit.Written 28 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good for shopping and budget hunters. very friendly staff and willing to assist on your needs if required.Written 5 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Don’t let the location and the way the paintings are presented fool you. They have real nice paintings from Myanmar artists, but it’s a mix of ‘just nice’ things and really good ones. The latter are pricy, but artists are getting known outside the country and that influences the prices. You are very welcome as a visitor and they will gladly show you and explain about the artists without any pressure to buy. They have 2 shops in Bogyoke, visit them both, they are quite close together.Written 14 April 2019
- wonderful place in down town very easy to find it; You need to go to show nice painting Very good and interesting placeWritten 9 November 2019
- i went there few times , it was very nice for period when it was raining , food was good, so i have few meals there , it is big and have everythingWritten 7 July 2019
- As amateur photographers we always feel we are not good enough or know enough to take interesting street photos of people in exotic places. Don completely dispelled these ideas and gave us a calm confidence to interact with people going about their daily lives. Don's knowledge of the city and its people is extensive which made us feel relaxed meeting local traders and workers. He has a friendly and unassuming manner that allowed us to extend our photographic skills as well as making the experience enjoyable. Thank you Don.Written 26 December 2019
- Hledan Shopping Center is one of the most popular malls in Yangon. Here you can find all kinds of goods: clothes, food, suitcases, mobile accessories. Downstairs there is a large and good supermarket. Here, the initial price is high, but some shop can negotiate like bargaining, you will find a suitable price.Written 16 December 2021
- I found my way here via the Circle Train. The market is just across the tracks from Danyigone Train Station.
It's under a huge cover but opensided and it sells primarily food. Veges, fruit and flowers are under the main canopy with meat and fish off to one side.
It was great fun to mingle and to have an unidentified lunch at one of the many lunch stalls in operation.
One thing which is standout in Rangoon and, in fact, all over Burma, is the total overuse of plastic. Every little purchase merits a plastic bag. There are stalls in the market devoted to the sale and distribution of plastic bags to the stallholders and on the train I was sad to see that the streets, railway sidings and waterways are all clogged with sedimentary layers of plastic rubbish. If the market could start to ameliorate this in some small way to start with, then maybe the message would spread and more friendly packaging might ensue - not that I'm laying the blame for the plastic disaster at the feet of this lovely market - just sayin'....; If there was a little less plastic being used a little less enthusiastically, it would be a 5.Written 28 January 2020
- CY ( 19.11.21 )
My wife and I visited for shopping for present. The mall was proper size, and had restaurant area in 1st floor. The super market was located 2~3 floor, and had various things. We bought some honey, tea, mung beans, etc. The price was reasonable, and good to enjoy shopping quietly. There was not big, but good to enjoy shopping.Written 25 November 2019
- If you are a city tourist, don't bother. But if you want to see how the ordinary Myanmarese live, go to this market. Don't use shoes unless you are prepared to throw it away. Use slippers and wash your feet later. The drainage is poor and there are lots of (perishable) rubbish and mud. But its all worth it to see all the fruits, vegetables, flowers, dried fish etc. It opens on Monday too unlike the other popular tourist market.Written 13 June 2016
- Yes its nice to cool down in here, but really there is not much to see. The little cafe however does have very reasonably priced food and drinksWritten 6 June 2018
- The gallery is very nice with a large collection but the price is on the high side compared with other galleries. There's room for negotiation but it's difficult when the starting price is already set high. I recommend visiting this place to get an understanding of the artists and painting styles.Written 28 August 2016
- Being located at the heart of the city, it is surrounded by all busy areas. From here most interesting places are within reach of few minutes walk. Guests of Sule Shangri-La Hotel can count on the shops here for small necessities and casual foods. Bank services are available too.Written 27 July 2019
- This is a great place to view and appreciate the many talented Burmese artists of today. Major works by top artists are represented here. Certainly worth a look for the casual visitor and the serious collector.Written 18 March 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Yangon (Rangoon)
- These are the best hidden gems for shopping in Yangon (Rangoon):See more hidden gem shopping in Yangon (Rangoon) on Tripadvisor