Historic Walking Areas • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Hiking Trails in Jerusalem
THE 5 BEST Jerusalem Hiking Trails
Hiking Trails in Jerusalem
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
* Nice hiking in the scenic Jerusalem hills- numerous trails
* Close to the city
Very popular with the local natives
* Many options for enjoying nature, for picknicking for hiking for bicycling for camping and for playing
* Visit terraced farming villages from 2000 years ago
* Learn about ancient agricultural and architectural methods
* Visit (and even enter) ancient caves and natural spring water pools
* Can be crowded
* Minimal- if any- public transportation access
"I VISITED THIS PLACE"...
.... with four boys ages 5 to 14. It was hot and sunny- we started on the surround and circle Mount Strong hike, which is on a wide jeep road but it has total sun exposure. We didn't have the time nor supplies (and the boys didn't have the interest nor resilience) to complete the loop of more than two hours, so we did enjoy our adventure, but we turned back.... full disclosure- the same thing happened two other times in the past year- failed attempts with young charges.
This is certainly a well-organized and well equipped and famous nature reserve. As such, it is a good holiday spot and a good place for hiking in nature, but not far from the city of Jerusalem. I certainly endorse and recommend a visit to here.Written 2 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- my kids ages 10-19 all enjoyed. some of the 'ladders' and climbing bars were a bit challenging for kids younger than that. beautiful views and not difficult. we went in October - i think it would be too hot during the summerWritten 19 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the most interesting but difficult hiking spots in Israel.Leading from the plateau of Judean Desert to the Dead Sea, Starting 21 Century, going back to the first revolt
Start your trip going to the Dead Sea from Road #90 on the 257th Kilometer go east on the Green path after walking one kilometertake the black path of DRAGOT CANYON (Darja) Visit on the way the Bar-Kochva cavesThan take the Blue path to Mizpe Shalem.You must have drinking water,good map,hat,and good walking shoesWritten 29 December 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the newer National Parks, it provides beautiful vistas of Jerusalem and the Judean desert. A unique site where debris from the Mount is sifted with amazing findings. EnjoyWritten 8 September 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jerusalem
- These experiences are best for hiking trails in Jerusalem:
- 1 Day Jerusalem Tour
- From Jerusalem: Masada Sunrise, Ein Gedi & Dead Sea
- ExtremeClub Adventure attractions, tracks & canyons of isarel
- GoKedem 5-Day Private All-Inclusive Cross-Israel Adventure
- GoKEDEM Premium Off-Road Masada & Deadsea Adventure from Jerusalem
- These places are best for hiking trails in Jerusalem:See more hiking trails in Jerusalem on Tripadvisor