• Nice good-sized green area
• Possible quiet seclusion from traffic
• Centrally located in the city
• Close to Knesset, Supreme Court
• Amazing gigantic climbing structures
• Walking trails
• Exercise stations throughout
• Basketball and roller blade courts
• Good dairy restaurant on the grounds
• No easy car parking
• Can get crowded and congested
• Can be loud and rowdy
I was there last night, 2200h on a warm evening of the “sand of the season” of the Passover holiday. It was incredibly crowded and packed with families of revelers, incredibly noisy, incredibly active- to the point that it was difficult to navigate the main pathways without being blocked by large families with big multiple seat strollers, huge men who had had too much barbecue meat (see my “helpful “ photos), and little children unsupervised on all kinds and varieties of mobile riding toys, as well as pedal and motorized bicycles dangerously weaving their way through the packed crowds of holiday celebrants…. And that didn’t begin to comment on all the barbecues (against park regulations) with their wafting fragrances… and the litter.
One new incredible addition since my last visit (and TripAdvisor review of 2019) is the gigantic massive construction of many many climbing and hanging toys, swings and tunnel sliding boards that are maybe up to almost 8 meters high (or more)- it is quite massive, and draws and attracts many many of those young, and young at heart.
Go, but not on a holiday