Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very beautiful mosque. Great while building with golden domes and minarets In front of the mosques and artificial lake and a stone ship built inside. Very fascinating attraction in Brunei.Written 18 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are a history lover this is the place to visit. A stone through from the Raddison hotel , we spent almost 2 hrs learning all about Brunei and its ruling family. The items displayed go back to some 29 generations of the present Sultan. A lot to learn and see. The place is done up very plush and posh and looks like no expense has been spared to exhibit all there is, however on visiting the comfort rooms I found that the whole area has been totally neglected and does not meet up to the standard of what is being exhibited.
The doors of the toilets are so run down that they hardly close. Water on the floor, no toilet appear, soap or hand towels.
Sorry to say but really appalling to see. I hope someone will pay attention and correct this and this is meant as a positive complaint. It looks like there need to be someone checking on the hygiene of the back areas.
Please don't let me put anyone off of visiting that's only one aspect of what is a beautiful place to spend few hrs.Written 13 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Apart from the well-known Masjid Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin in the city centre, there is another mosque which also famous in the city. This mosque located just outside the city centre, but close to some other location like Pasar Gadong and RIPAS Hospital. Went there for Jumaat prayer, they still practicing physical distancing and preventive measure for Covid-19 even though this country hasn't any case in nearly 300 days.Written 22 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must visit when in Brunei. The world's biggest water village, and has been here since the 11th century. We also saw some Kimodo dragons in trees, a fire station and some schools.Written 10 February 2020
- Very nice ro walk through, amd we saw many monkeys, water lizards and various birds. The paths are well maintained and toilets available. People outside selling food and drinks too.Written 10 February 2020
- Stopped by the Sultan's place and really liked the architectural design as well as the well groomed garden surrounding it. The gates are definitely well lit up at night and really pretty.Written 18 November 2019
- Generally it is a night market under the proper market building, housing range of foods and fruits. Food price are cheap and have a lot of variety from local dishes to snacks. There also several tables where you can have your meal.Written 22 February 2021
- I really enjoyed this one-day trip. The boat ride up the Temburong River, the Jungle Canopy Walk and the all-natural "Fish Spa" were some absolute highlights. I can recommend this tour to anyone who wants to get a first impression of how an original jungle forest looks and sounds like. The Borneo Trekker team were very competent and cordial guides the whole day through. Thank you!Written 10 March 2020
- I was fortunate to book the day tour a couple of days prior as last minute seat became available. It was on the “Explore Temburong & Canopy Tower Visit” tour.
The transportation included a van (for approx 1 hour) driving across the recently opened long bridge, then a long boat once arrived at Rainforest Lodge.
Lovely setting next to the river, which was extremely high water levels, and amongst the rainforest (as the name suggests).
We were greeted with a delicious morning tea upon arrival, then set off down the river on long boat, then dropped off by the river bank for our walk.
The walk consists of 716 steps (each way), which is steep and slippery in sections, so be prepared, yet easily achievable. At the top you enjoy the amazing sights from the steel canopy walk across 4 towers & adjoining bridges. The views up that high are very impressive. Standing listening to the birds and nature was very peaceful.
We stopped by waterfalls on way back in the long boat, where you would walk amongst the falls or simply stay lower for a dip in the clear water.
Lunch was delicious of prawns, vegetable, fish, rice and cake. Then experiences the flying fox which was very fun, flying over the river below.
Overall good day tour and organised well to maximize the day.Written 30 September 2022
- The trip consists of 2 boat rides into the pristine Temburong jungle. Option to stay over night in the Sumbiling ecovillage.
We had a fantastic day and thoroughly enjoyed this almost untouched part of the world. The people taking care of us were exceptionally helpful and friendly.
We had a great day and will definitely come back!Written 1 September 2019
- Took the friday evening cruise 5-7pm. Just times right for sunset views of the river. Great views of the river. Sat outside on the upper back deck. best place for taking photos and an all round view. Very comfortable seats and refreshments inside - but for us nicer outside. Saw all the sights from Queen Elizabeth II Jetty to the Sultan's palace. Coming back - getting dark and got good shots of the bridge and village lights.Written 30 December 2018
- I brought a large group of teenagers to Brunei for 6 days. Richard was our tour guide the whole time. Throughout our city cultural tour, 3 day visit to Ulu Ulu Resort and other experiences, Richard was professional, knowledgeable and personable. Richard was flexible and organised and made my life much easier!
Thank you Richard!Written 15 November 2018