- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
4 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Rather than exploring the whole history of Brunei the galleries concentrate on a handful of topics, which are a bit disjointed. Most of the documents gallery is in Malay only for some reason (all other galleries are bi-lingual). I found the Golden Age gallery the most interesting, although it left wanting to know what happened next, after all there was a nearly 300 year gap between the Spaniards attacking Brunei and the arrival of the White Rajah.Written 5 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- While I was rather disappointed by Kampong Ayer, the Water Village itself, I found its about 10 years old Cultural Center quite interesting, giving all kind of information in English on its long history, on its economy, its social life and its handicraft. There is also a viewing tower attached to it. It is open daily except on Fridays and there is no entrance fee. its location is next to the Jetty 1.Written 27 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nicely preserved all excavation sites and good information and sign boards to have history before 500 years. worth to visit remains of old bridge and some structuresWritten 4 January 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This historic gallery is located next to the Brunei History Centre at Jalan Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien.
Its actually in the original building known as Lapau Lama when the constitution was discussed in 1959.
Opened in 2018, the gallery exhibits everything on the history of the Brunei Constitution.
There are displays of photos, documents, agreements, the signing ceremony including the famous 'Tujuh Serangkai' figures and an extract from the famous 'Syair Perlembagaan'.
Open from 8am to 4pm daily, except Fridays and public holidays.
Its worth a visit, if you're a history buff or love to learn part of the history of the country.Written 26 October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Bandar Seri Begawan
- These places are best for history museums in Bandar Seri Begawan:See more history museums in Bandar Seri Begawan on Tripadvisor