Speciality Museums in Bandar Seri Begawan
THE 5 BEST Bandar Seri Begawan Speciality Museums
Speciality Museums in Bandar Seri Begawan
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
7 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- If you are a history lover this is the place to visit. A stone through from the Raddison hotel , we spent almost 2 hrs learning all about Brunei and its ruling family. The items displayed go back to some 29 generations of the present Sultan. A lot to learn and see. The place is done up very plush and posh and looks like no expense has been spared to exhibit all there is, however on visiting the comfort rooms I found that the whole area has been totally neglected and does not meet up to the standard of what is being exhibited.
The doors of the toilets are so run down that they hardly close. Water on the floor, no toilet appear, soap or hand towels.
Sorry to say but really appalling to see. I hope someone will pay attention and correct this and this is meant as a positive complaint. It looks like there need to be someone checking on the hygiene of the back areas.
Please don't let me put anyone off of visiting that's only one aspect of what is a beautiful place to spend few hrs.Written 13 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Brunei Museum is the national museum of Brunei located at Kota Batu near the capital city of Bandar Seri Begawan. The museum has exhibits of Islamic art, historical period of the 16th century and archaeology and ethnography.It is the largest museum in Brunei.Written 5 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Total as concessionaire for the area the wreck was in spent a considerable amount of money exploring and raising the remains of the wreck.
You can see remains of pottery in a wooden modern recreation of the ship’s hull.
There’s a video of how they explored and excavated.
It’s free and air conditioned but you have to leave your bag and camera in a locker.Written 16 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Have a look when you have a visit to the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium, north of the city.
Its a small gallery and free to the public.
The gallery is divided into five zones and displays trophies, pictures of athletes and memorabilia when Brunei hosted the 1999 Southeast Asian (SEA) Games.
There is also an interactive corner and Hall of Fame section.
Opened everyday from 9am to 5pm (Monday to Thursday/Sunday), 9am to 11.30am and 2.30pm to 5pm (Friday) and 9.45am to 5pm (Saturday).Written 13 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bandar Seri Begawan
- These places are best for speciality museums in Bandar Seri Begawan:
- Royal Regalia Museum
- Brunei Darussalam Maritime Museum
- Brunei Museum
- The Sports Gallery
- Brunei Energy Hub
- These are the best places for budget-friendly speciality museums in Bandar Seri Begawan:See more budget-friendly speciality museums in Bandar Seri Begawan on Tripadvisor