- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
338 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 338
What travellers are saying
- Amazing views above the clouds at the volcano summit. It's a little rough getting up there--I recommend a tour. Lots of good info and great views of the night sky.Written 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Traveling, north from Kona, past the great resorts of the Big Island’s Kohala Coast, you’ll be enchanted by the glorious coastline. The drive takes you through the little town of Hawi, close to the birthplace of King Kahmehameha I, who was the great monarch to unite the Islands in his Kingdom. There is a magnificent statue of the King prominently placed in the town. Proceeding onwards to the end of the road, you reach Pololu Valley. For those of a hiking disposition, you can make your way to the dandy floor. The view of the valley and the coastline from the roadway is certainly worth a gasp and a picture or two. Well worth a morning’s ride Drive home by way of Paniolo Country - the Ranch and Cowboy lands - to the little town of Waimea. Enjoy!Written 7 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We walked the loop through the rain forest, it was sprinkling, but it was beautiful anyway! The walk is pretty easy if you are able to walk up and down hills (the hills have steps). The walk is so worth it.
The falls are beautiful, even when it's sprinkling!!Written 1 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Spectacular views from the lookout. Road was very steep and wouldn't recommend without an AWD. It was steep hike (difficult heading down and then obviously back up).Written 20 July 2022
- This was so awesome! We finally made the night view after being there 3 times during the day. Just amazing and my kids loved it, even needed a potty break all the way back to the porta-potty's and wanted to walk all the way back! I was asked a few times if it was worth it, absolutely!!Written 10 August 2022
- I loved this beautiful white sand beach! Such a comfortable fun way to spend and afternoon. There is plenty of shade if you do not enjoy having too much sun. The water is a nice comfortable temperature too.Written 19 April 2022
- This place is amazing!! We stayed at the military camp and the trail for viewing was right across the street. We got photos of the lava at night and it glowed! The steam vents are all around on both sides of the highway. I can't imagine how it must have been for residents of Hawaii during the lava flow. My heart goes out to the people who lost their houses.Written 1 October 2022
- Driving the Chain of Craters Road was definitely a highly of my trip to Volcanoes NP. We drove the road from the visitors center to the end. It was amazing seeing the lava fields as far as the eye can see. Not only that but there were beautiful views of the ocean. There are many places to stop along the road and other attractions. It was a very scenic drive!Written 23 September 2022
- It is certainly a strenuous walk down and back out to this bay but the snorkelling is well worth it. Definitely the best amount of coral and fish i saw anywhere on big island. There are plenty of boat tours that can take you there but the walk in is definitely worth doing if you want to experience on your own.Written 3 September 2022
- We got to see a turtle close up. You can't get really close to them as they are on the endangered species list. But with a zoom lens it's almost as good as being right next to them.Written 1 October 2022
- This is one outstanding beach and (at least at the time of our visit in June) there was no entry /admission fee. Parking is a bit tricky in that very few marked spaces exist but the custom here is (for now anyway) to park off the asphalt parallel to the road. Even when we parked a bit away from the beach, the walk was not all that far. The beach is wonderful - sandy bottom with no sea weed and every now and then a turtle would swim through the area even with a good number of people here. There was a lifeguard stand as well here during our visit. The rinse off stations were a nice touch and there are rest rooms here too. Most definitely worth a visit!Written 23 August 2022
- This by far was our favorite beach! It has everything! snorkeling, beach, shade from the trees and lots of sun. There are areas that are rocky but walking down there are places sandy areas. There is a restroom present and an area to shower off the sandy. Large parking lot stays full. Pack a cooler with drinks, sandwiches and snacks. It's a great place to spend the day!Written 2 July 2022
- Easily accessible, classic waterfall wish lush green setting. Small-ish parking lot offers free parking - we found just waiting a few minutes and a parking space opened up. There are restrooms (toilets) and the waterfall can be viewed after a short walk (paved path). There is plenty of viewing "space" - short drive to central Hilo town.Written 1 September 2022
- I stayed in Hilo for a week and made several trip to Kona. Because of this I drove the Saddle Road numerous times. I still can't get over the how much the landscape changes here. Seeing the lava flow in parts was spectacular. There are several areas to pull off. Watch out for animals as we saw a ton of goats close to the road. The road was in good condition and easy to drive at night.Written 16 September 2022
- Like the volcano, I think your experience is all going to be based on timing. It was a clear night and we were able to see constellations very clearly. However, the moon was way too bright to allow us to see any difference in the Milky Way, compared to where we we could see it from our lodging in Pahoa.
The drive up was super easy (and much easier than Haleakala) but we did not drive all the way to the top of the summit. Luckily, we had no issues acclimating.
Flying out of Kona, it was cool to be able to see Mauna Kea from the plane and be able to see where we were the night before.Written 10 September 2022