- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Nice guides took time with non-English speakers and provided a really good experience. It’s an easy and short drive from Waikiloa. Recommended.Written 20 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- All of us were no-experience riders before coming to Paniolo Adventures. As it turned out, the entire experience was beyond our expectation! We had a blast! We were perfectly matched to horses with pretty much the same personality as we are. They were Maile, Kahuna and Frosty. All of them are so nice and each have their own unique personality! Our guides, Erin and Karinna, were so warm, kind, friendly, knowledgeable and funny. We were all very nervous starting out but that went away after saddling up on our horses who seemed to know us well and started our journey along the most beautiful views we have ever seen on the island. Our guides didn't mind taking photos either for our 1st time experience. This is absolutely an experience we will never forget! Highly recommended. Thank you, Paniolo Adventures!Written 10 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I visited in early August. We absolutely loved the horseback riding experience. The guides were knowledgeable, friendly and they made us feel safe at all times. The location was breathtaking, and the horses were well trained and super friendly.
Would absolutely recommend a visit if you are in Hawaii.Written 19 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience. The guides were awesome. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. Horses were great. Comfortable all around. The views and waterfall are spectacular. Thanks for a wonderful experienceWritten 22 September 2022
- Their dogs joined us on the ride and we were given lots of information about the Waipi’o valley, history, current farming, different plants and flowers. Gentle horses - rained off and on but that didn’t spoil the ride at all
The road leading into the valley was an experience in itself
Glad I didn’t have to drive it!Written 9 January 2022
- What a great staff. Our Captain Kelly was a surgeon with the boat . Good food, service and awesome Tour! We had a Fantastic ocean cave and waterfall tour. They served us while in the ocean and had the snorkeling with turtle was great. Lots of dolphins and scenic view. Mahalo!!Written 2 June 2021
- My wife and I recently had the pleasure of taking a wonderful and very peaceful Jungle Trail Horseback Ride on The Big Island of Hawaii.
We love eco-friendly tours and my wife especially enjoys horseback riding every chance she can get. If you're planning a visit to the Hilo side of the island, then be sure to book a trail ride adventure.
Beautiful horses and exceptional professional guides who fit you perfectly with a horse that will match your riding experience. Safety is their number one concern, as well as making sure your ride is as enjoyable and memorable as can be.
I highly recommend Silver Crest Farms for a pleasure ride during your visit to the Big Island!
For more detailed information and photos of our ride, be sure to visit My Travel Blog!Written 23 March 2018
- My husband, my parents and I had a great afternoon at ho’omau ranch. The ATV ride was the highlight of the trip. The family that owns this place was SO nice and welcoming and friendly. Our tour guide Martin was great and really knowledgeable and friendly. Can’t recommend this place highly enough. We will definitely be back!Written 20 August 2019
- I had a great ride. Jackie was knowledgeable and friendly. While not an experienced rider, she ensured I was comfortable the entire trip. I plan to bring my daughter next time.Written 2 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Island of Hawaii
- These are the best places for budget-friendly horseback riding tours in Island of Hawaii:See more budget-friendly horseback riding tours in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for horseback riding tours in Island of Hawaii:See more romantic horseback riding tours in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for horseback riding tours in Island of Hawaii:See more hidden gem horseback riding tours in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous horseback riding tours in Island of Hawaii:See more adventurous horseback riding tours in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for horseback riding tours in Island of Hawaii:See more horseback riding tours for adrenaline seekers in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor