- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
51 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 51
What travellers are saying
- I loved this beautiful white sand beach! Such a comfortable fun way to spend and afternoon. There is plenty of shade if you do not enjoy having too much sun. The water is a nice comfortable temperature too.Written 19 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We got to see a turtle close up. You can't get really close to them as they are on the endangered species list. But with a zoom lens it's almost as good as being right next to them.Written 1 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is one outstanding beach and (at least at the time of our visit in June) there was no entry /admission fee. Parking is a bit tricky in that very few marked spaces exist but the custom here is (for now anyway) to park off the asphalt parallel to the road. Even when we parked a bit away from the beach, the walk was not all that far. The beach is wonderful - sandy bottom with no sea weed and every now and then a turtle would swim through the area even with a good number of people here. There was a lifeguard stand as well here during our visit. The rinse off stations were a nice touch and there are rest rooms here too. Most definitely worth a visit!Written 23 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This by far was our favorite beach! It has everything! snorkeling, beach, shade from the trees and lots of sun. There are areas that are rocky but walking down there are places sandy areas. There is a restroom present and an area to shower off the sandy. Large parking lot stays full. Pack a cooler with drinks, sandwiches and snacks. It's a great place to spend the day!Written 2 July 2022
- This is by far my favorite beach on the island. The waves are calm, there is a bit of snorkeling, and shade for the afternoon sun. I gave it 4 stars largely because of the $20 fee that we were told “started today” and the need to arrive early for parking.Written 11 March 2022
- What a beautiful beach to spend the day! Beautiful sand, no need for swim shoes. Great for swimming or floating in the wavesWritten 21 September 2022
- Gorgeous beach and easy to get down to the water. Great bathrooms and beautiful sunsets. You can go year round and you just can’t beat the view.Written 19 September 2022
- You’ll enjoy this if you like slightly hilly, long hikes with a continuous good view. Bring sunscreen and a hat, although make sure it’s snug because there’s wind (how we survived the sun — but we all still ended up with a distinct shorts tan). We decided to walk instead of take rides from the locals (some rides looked really rough bc the roads are rutted and uneven). It’s a total 6 miles RT on reddish-dirt hills with grooves and intersecting paths which all lead to the same place. At the end of the trails, you end up on the opposite side of the cliff where the trucks are parked. You can hike over and then you’ll see a picnic table. Then it’s a short steep walk down to the green sand beach. From quite early on in the hike, you can already see the green tint but on the beach you can see actual translucent green specs in the sand. We saw lots of people swimming once we got down. Don’t wear white shoes, bring plenty of water, and take the trails near the ocean for the view!Written 22 August 2022
- We stop by but not go swimming because were not wearing our swimsuit, my daugther love to swim very clean. If you see u want to jump right away. We're tired because we're coming other activities.Written 26 September 2022
- This is the second time we travel to the Big Island and the second time we visit this attraction. The park didn't change much since then. Maybe because it was our second time, the visit was shorter (I think we spent a bit over an hour). Also, we didn't see turtles this time (first time we saw several turtles basking on the sand). Having said that, it is a nice place to go, and I think we should visit this place at least once.
It's a National Park, so you are planning to go to Volcano in the same trip, and maybe another national park within a year (Haleakala in Maui?), you may want to get a pass for savings.Written 27 September 2022
- We stopped at this beach on our way to Volcano. The waves were a little rough for us but we have been told that when it's calm the snorkeling is fantastic. I was amazed at the turtles that were just lounging on the beach. They were magnificent. I was happy to see that all the people were respectful of the space that they needed. There are facilities-toilets and showers. I would definitely recommend stopping here.Written 24 September 2022
- I visited Richardson Beach Park with my parents in hopes of seeing sea turtles. It did not disappoint, we saw about 4 of them in a tide pool. We gave them their space but I still got incredible photos of them. Always respect wildlife, give them their space, be quite, and enjoy them from a distance. Unfortunately other tourists didn't have that same mentality and just stepped right over them for their selfies. Other then the turtles, the beaches were gorgeous and it was fun to climb around the rocks.Written 3 September 2022
- The trail access is on the 4-mile scenic loop. The sign is hard to see. You’ll probably see cars on the side of the road. The walk is paved and easy. At the bottom of the hill turn right and walk the narrow trail to the water.Written 7 September 2022
- Beautiful beach! Soft sand, great snorkeling, shade, and great whale watching. The drive in is a little rough. I made it in with a small compact car but it was touchy. I recommend a truck or suv but it can be done with smaller vehicle if you go slow & drive carefullyWritten 30 January 2022
- Popular for both locals and tourists alike, we happened upon this beach and loved watching the water crash against the rocks on the short hike in, and then standing on the black sandy beach and letting the tide cool off our legs. Surf is pretty rough so I am not sure I would feel comfortable letting children swim here, okay for braver adults. There was some nudity, but it didn’t bother me; there were kids around and they didn’t seem too fussed by it. Judgement free, beautiful place. Parking is along the road, then you hike a rocky hill to get down to the beach.Written 29 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Island of Hawaii
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for beaches in Island of Hawaii:See more beaches for adrenaline seekers in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor