- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I was never one to get excited about boating back home in Ontario, but our outing with Kona Boat Rentals definitely changed my mind! Compared to Hawaii, Ontario water the sights (while still beautiful in Ontario) can't compare! It was an absolute blast getting to drive the boat when we got out of the Marina (the more experienced boater among us took us out), and getting to snorkel in the best spots on our own time was way better than going with a large tour group.
We had an excellent experience with Blake. He went over everything with us that we needed to know about boating around where we wanted to go and gave us a quick overview about using the fishing rods as none of us had been fishing in quite some time and gave us some tips on how best to catch some fish. We had some experience boating previously which they recommend on their site, But Blake did go over the basics when we first got on the boat to make sure we knew what we were doing.
Compared to going on a snorkel tour and fishing charter for the 6 of us this was definitely the more economic option if that's a consideration. so if you have no issues with doing a bit of boating I would highly recommend Kona Boat Rentals! Just make sure that you bring your sunscreen as you'll need it out on the water!Written 18 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did 3 trips with JDL- a manta trip (2 tanks) and 2 AM dives (2 tanks). They are a top notch dive operator- very personable, lots of knowledge of the local flora and fauna seen underwater, full service- changes gear for you, helps you in and out of the water, and some of the best lunches I have had on a 2 tank trip ever! Cannot wait to dive with them again!!! Mahalo JDL for an amazing experience underwater on the Big Island!!!Written 18 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Booked a trip with these guys and had a blast! Took my girlfriend and two teenage boys. Caught two Marlin that got away and a 90lb Ahi Tuna that we kept. Our Captain and Mate were very fun. Great stories. They made it a fun experience and took care of all the riggin’ and such. Very nice boat too. We highly recommend them!Written 26 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We rented 2 boogie boards for the week. Very reasonably priced. All rentals appeared in good shape and good quality.Written 6 September 2022
- Energetic, young company that provides a really great private charter experience - super flexible, communicative, accommodating and fun! Always a really upbeat attitude and smiles all-around.
We did snorkeling, spearfishing and whale watching charters in their dolphin-safe boat, jet-powered boat and had a great time every time. I will always chose to do Black Pearl over other options, if I can.Written 28 May 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Island of Hawaii
- These are the best places for couples seeking boat hire in Island of Hawaii:See more boat hire for couples in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor