- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Amazing views above the clouds at the volcano summit. It's a little rough getting up there--I recommend a tour. Lots of good info and great views of the night sky.Written 22 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Like the volcano, I think your experience is all going to be based on timing. It was a clear night and we were able to see constellations very clearly. However, the moon was way too bright to allow us to see any difference in the Milky Way, compared to where we we could see it from our lodging in Pahoa.
The drive up was super easy (and much easier than Haleakala) but we did not drive all the way to the top of the summit. Luckily, we had no issues acclimating.
Flying out of Kona, it was cool to be able to see Mauna Kea from the plane and be able to see where we were the night before.Written 10 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We followed along with a driving app that took us up on the mountain range. It talked about how you could chose to buy property at the bottom of the ridge or up at the top depending on the different climate you wanted to live in. They said that this part of the island didn't get as much rain as other parts especially close to the shoreline but as we went up on top, there were expansive views of rolling green hills and horses out in the pasture. The change of the climate as the clouds rolled by was stunning. In fact, as we got down from the mountain and headed to the coast, we came across a most gorgeous rainbow.Written 29 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Island of Hawaii
- These places are best for mountains in Island of Hawaii:See more mountains in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking mountains in Island of Hawaii:See more mountains for couples in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor