- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- You need a flashlight and good shoes, not flip flops. There’s a steep set of stairs and then there are two caves. Your cellphone flashlight isn’t strong enough to go too far into the cave. Enter at your own risk. Park across the street. They have a small restroom available too. Free admission.Written 7 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a fun, unique, informative experience! One of the highlights of our trip to the Big Island. We did the 4 hour tour which was challenging but not too hard for us (mid 40s and early 50s). Harry is kind, witty, extremely knowledgeable, and follows safety protocols. I highly recommend. You won’t be disappointed.Written 2 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We talked to Gary who set up our tour - he is so fun to talk with! We chose the 2 hour tour and it was amazing - you won't want to miss this! Our guide, Nica, was super!!! She was very informative and fun as she guided us throughout the cavern. We felt very safe and were amazed by the underground formations and bits of history left behind. This was the highlight to our 2 week stay in Kona/Hila and we highly recommend it. The lighted trail tour was part of this tour at the beginning and that is fantastic as well if you have limited time.Written 1 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Awesome tour with so much history packed into it! The tour guide was super knowledgeable, and we were able to see everything we wanted in the hour walking tour. It was just my husband and I on the tour so it was really personable as well. Highly recommend a tour from here.Written 16 September 2022
- This is a great place to visit if you like adventure. This is a long lave tube with no lights, so for sure you have to bring your own lights. You also need good shoes and some kind of protection for your head. Its is near to impossible to avoid hitting the ceiling of the cave sooner than later. We got in and walked the first couple of miles. After an hour it is just the same so it is better to get back rather than going all the way in.Written 5 January 2020
- If you want one of the most amazing experiences of your life, sign up for the 4 hr tour of this cave. It is an incredible life experience. The guide, Harry, is super knowledgeable and informative, and adds great value to the experience. This cave is unique - it is literally like visiting a part of our planet one has never seen. The tour was moderately challenging so it is best to be in reasonable fitness. The information Harry provides, and the uniqueness of the cave, make the cost of the tour a good value and well worth it. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough.Written 29 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Island of Hawaii
- These are the best places for couples seeking caverns & caves in Island of Hawaii:See more caverns & caves for couples in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly caverns & caves in Island of Hawaii:See more budget-friendly caverns & caves in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous caverns & caves in Island of Hawaii:See more adventurous caverns & caves in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for caverns & caves in Island of Hawaii:See more caverns & caves for adrenaline seekers in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor