- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
10 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Spacious, high quality farmer’s market near Hilo! Parking/entry fee is $5, and well worth the money. Great produce and lots of options for fresh cooked food including Thai, Filipino, lemonade stand, smoothies, Mexican, Chinese, burgers, pizza, just to name a few. They have some picnic tables to hang out at while you eat. Friendly atmosphere and stand owners. Less stuffy and quality was better than the Hilo Farmer’s market.Written 29 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had a great time there. 2019 may I was there by myself, a 33 yr old white male. Locals were friendly & even the young ones. I was talking & hanging out with the natives there. Everyone was smiling & had good vibes.Written 2 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great place to shop for your fresh produce amongst other things. Friendly probably excellent food. Open 7-noon on Saturdays. We would get up early have breakfast there so around for awhile and have lunch before we left. Go see Jai with the fresh coconuts and amazing probiotics!Written 22 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Available on Saturday morning. Nice selection of local produce to choose from and stock up for the week ahead.. Not much art available when we went.Written 4 July 2022
- There weren’t as many vendors as I expected, but we were able to find some souvenirs. It’s a nice pleasant place to shop outdoors.Written 2 January 2022
- What a lovely surprise when we stopped by the market on a whim. Hawai'i Bay is a charming little shop offering seasoning salts, teas and honeys. There's probably more items but that's what I purchased. There's also a specialty shop featuring balsamic vinegars in two sizes and multiple flavors. The packaging is very sturdy so no problems including them in the suitcase. There's also a shop featuring handcrafted Christmas ornaments - so hard to choose. It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.Written 30 September 2021
- I love strolling on the paved parking lot, just being able to talk to the local vendors about growing orchids, herbs, etc. There is even a bakery with goods baked in a brick oven. Gotta try their cinnamon rolls. I buy all my produce for the week. Also beautiful orchids at half the price of a regular retail store. Need anthuriums or floral arrangement for a gift or for yourself. Great varieties available.Written 16 December 2019
- There are some regulars here, and occasional real farmer types that will sell bargain produce. Last time we had 8 oranges for a dollar, which was unusually inexpensive, but super sweet. We wont find it that often, but then there are flowers like protea and avocadoes galore direct from the farms. The characters come out from the hills and are always fun to chat with. And there are ethnic foods like hot tamales and juices so save your appetites. Its a very small flea market and starts and ends early, so be on time.Written 21 February 2017
- One great party in HIlo every Friday night rain or shines.
Various vendors that some change weekly, others are more consistent. Wide variety of food, arts and crafts and great wat to experience the local culture.
They have a different band every week and the artists are all local. We havent seen one band yet we did not like.
IT a fun experience for the whole family. SOme tables availabe to sit and eat also.
Opens at 5:00 every Friday at the corner of Kilauea and Waianuenue Ave ( across the street from Jackei Reys)
GO visit, You wont be disappointed .
Admission is free.Written 19 August 2022
- Aloha! This is the BEST place to get your Kauai shirts and souvenirs! They have THE LOCAL, AUTHENTIC RED DIRT SHIRTS! Great regular prices and good sale items! And we each got to pick a NICE FREE item too! Also Great customer service which isn’t all that common here. Don’t go to the cheap fake ones selling down the road!! They are not local and are stealing the local designs. This is not a fake review either by the way.Written 17 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Island of Hawaii
- These are the best places for kid-friendly flea & street markets in Island of Hawaii:See more flea & street markets for children in Island of Hawaii on Tripadvisor