Top Attractions in Belmopan
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
arrive before midday and youve a good chnace of having the place to yourselves
as we left 1200 ish 2 bus loads of ppl arrived and in the afternnon local school kids come to cool off according to the driver.
step steps down can be slippy and the mossies were out in force.Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We thoroughly enjoyed our Cave tour. The National Park is well maintained and the trail from the parking lots to the cave and to the Blue Hole were both short and beautiful. Although you can view a portion of the cave without a guide, we chose Upside Down Tours so we could have the full experience. Our guide pointed out plants and animal life on the trail and told us all about the history of the Mayan People and how they used the cave. He made sure we saw all the amazing crystals and stalagmites and tites along the way. The opening to the cave is spectacular both exiting and entering and the water was refreshing. We were able to view the headwaters and also float past the entrance to a larger chamber where the fruit bats hang. The cave formations are numerous and beautiful. The entire tour was 2 hours. Highly recommend our guide - Upside Down Tours. Easy to work with! Great Outfit!!Written 16 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing morning ziplining through the jungle with highly experienced and very fun guides. Totally exhilarating, even for the novices with us! Then spent the next couple of hours with Roberto cave tubing through some of the most beautiful caves I have ever seen. Long low ceilinged tunnels opening into limestone cathedral caverns of soaring heights. Incredible rock formations of amazing variety given they all formed in the same environment. And Roberto was such a wonderful guide. So informative about the flora and fauna on the way to the cave entrance, local traditions and superstitions, and the caves themselves. If you visit Belize, don't miss this entirely unique and breathtaking experience. And be sure to insist on Roberto as your guide!!Written 25 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Do not underestimate the challenge that this excursion represent, wear appropriate clothing and shoes, carry water and energy bars this is way different that ATM. From the parking area back and forth were gone six hours.
Walter was our guide and we booked with Mayawalk,
Walter was patient and very knowledgeable and I am grateful that his technical skills allowed my 10 and 13 years old children to complete the all Crystal Cave adventure without incident leaving them with a lifelong of extra ordinaries memoriesWritten 11 August 2022
- Bought a beautiful Orchid for my wife from this venue. They gave me a discount to which i have not collected back as yet... :-) I will though...Written 26 April 2019
- Its very much self guided - and while you hear some hiway noise from time to time it is a good romp into the jungle - flora, fauna - lots of signs for interpretation - watch out if it has rained - it will be muddy and slippy.... right beside belize river which you get a number of views of - take your bug spray (they have some at the front counter if you need it - very thoughtful of the warden). Its cheap and a good hour+ exploration. btw I heard rustling and thought i was being stalked - finally looked up and indeed it was curious george following me along from above - apparently there are a few troops of monkeys that habituate the place.....Written 5 September 2022
- I went to Laguna Aguacate as part of my small-group birding tour. We had first spent the early morning on private rice farms nearby. In our lengthy search for various raptors in the fields, we arrived at Laguna Aguacate at 10:00, a bit too late for ideal birding. Still, it is a pretty lake and we did see a few new species, in particular the Blue Ground Dove. Although I had seen Rufous-tailed Jacamars other areas of Belize, there were lots of them on the trail around this lake. Lovely! Unfortunately, we missed a couple of our target species; no Boat-billed Heron nor White-whiskered Puffbird.Written 15 February 2020
- We contracted with Maya Adventure Tours to take us on a six hour adventure in a stream that meandered through the jungle and in and our of a cave system - very cool.Written 30 May 2017
- Orlin was an awesome tour guide! He was friendly and funny and we had great conversation the whole time. He took us through the cave and told us all about it’s Mayan history. Highly recommend!Written 2 September 2022
- What an adventure today, caving and then cave tubing in St. Herman's caves. We had such cool guides from Belize Inland Tours and Cave Tubing, dad Neko, and his daughter / apprentice Janelle. Neko was so full of history and location knowledge, and there's nothing like floating around in the bowels of the earth.Written 20 May 2022
- Gerson arranged a day trip for the 11 of us for zip lining and cave tubing and we had the pleasure of having Israel and Manuel as our friendly and informative guides. First was the zip lining. We had a few people in our group that had never zip lined before. The instructions were simple to follow and extremely safe. We had a fabulous time zooming through the trees and over the water. It was truly a beautiful area. Next was the cave tubing. We chose to do the longer version which took us through an additional cave. The water is so clear and beautiful and the insides of the caves are truly outstanding. Our teenagers spent most of the time in the water instead of the tubes which was a little more fun for them. They even got to do some cliff jumping along the way. This was a fantastic way to spend one of our days in Belize and would absolutely do it again. Thank you for helping make our vacation memorable!Written 4 July 2022
- We did 3 tours with Caves Branch as part of our stay. 1 - River Caves Expedition: Fun ~10 minute open air bus / Jeep / truck ride to the private portion of Caves Branch. Was low water level, water was warm, gentle inner tube float to the large cave system. Did a lot more hiking inside the cave than I had thought we would, helpful to have old sneakers to wear for traction. We wore swim suits / swim shirts. They provided the helmets / lights / drinks / and a candelabra lit picnic lunch! Amazing guides! 2 - Tikal: Long drive, the guide has worked with Caves Branch for > 20 years so felt very safe. Incredible breakfast and lunch in Guatemala. Edgar (guide) knew everyone at Tikal, it was surprisingly not crowded and we were able to see a lot of the park in a relatively brief time which was good because it was very hot! Air conditioned shuttle was great and Caves Branch provided waters. 3 - Black Hole: Another short open air ride to the hike. Hike to / from was strenuous but we were encouraged to go at a pace that we could handle and to drink water frequently. I am not super fit and was able to do the hike. The guides were amazing and showed us so much about the jungle as we were hiking. Even gave us the opportunity to try eating termites! The mosquitos are fierce - need bug repellent and reapply frequently! The rappelling was SO fun! The guide (Carlos who has also worked for Caves Branch for many years) explained all the wilderness medicine training they have had as well as reviewed the safety features of the ropes / gear they were using. They provided the helmets / harnesses / back packs, 3 liters of H20 per person, and lunch at the bottom of the sink hole. We hiked around the bottom of the sink hole and learned about the history of the site / Belize. The hike back out involved climbing up a very long ladder (connected with a safety harness) and hiking back the same trail we had hiked in. Highly recommend the adventure tours with Caves Branch!Written 3 July 2022
- Axel was a great tour guide. Worth the ride away from the cruise port to zipline through incredible jungle and beautiful caves. The staff were well-trained, professional and adhered to safety protocols (always two clips, many redundant systems). Miguel took us through the caves - at first it seemed anticlimactic but he added some fun stories about Mayan history, rituals, and myths. It had my kids (9 and 10) spooked. Then, we were left floating in pitch dark - a perfect ending. Lunch was delicious - rice and beans with chicken and hot sauce. So good. Would recommend.Written 7 April 2022
- This crafty spot pops up out of nowhere as you are traveling from San Ignacio through Belmopan. You can't help but want to stop and you'll be glad you did. Countless things to feast your eyes on, from the trinkety to the grand and everything in between. If you need a memento to carry home, this is the place to stop. On top of it, there is a beautiful, bright and airy cafe attached to the center. The coffee and chocolate are amazing and the ice cream is outstanding (especially after a long day out spelunking or cave tubing).Written 12 August 2022
- We had a great riding experience with mounts and selected trail appropriate for our skill levels. Be honest about your weight, your ability, your desires, and they will choose appropriate mounts and ride difficulty.Written 16 January 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Belmopan
- The best day trips from Belmopan according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cave Tubing and Zipline Adventure (Boat Transfer)
- Belize Cave Tubing
- Cave Tubing at Saint Herman's Cave
- Xunantunich and Cave Kayaking or Tubing
- Actun Tunichil Muknal From Placencia