Reefs • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Top Attractions in San Pedro
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This place is incredible. Tons of marine life. The coral is beautiful. It is mostly pretty shallow except for the channel.Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We come here every year and this is one stop we always make. It can be tough to get away from all the same tourist trinkets you see in every country you busy just with a different name on it. Here you will find all local art, big and small, just a perfect place to ding a true local gift.Written 23 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a lovely gallery to visit. So many unique and unusual things to see. Very tempting to spend lots of $$$ here. Quality is excellent. Owners are very friendly and welcoming.Written 5 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Dress correctly for the bugs. If you don't you won't stay long enough to enjoy the site. Hopefully they'll get funding again soon.Written 16 February 2020
- I have known Melody for several years and won't detail how fun she is here; don't take my biased word for it but I'm sure you will agree if you meet her :) :) :) Melody's staff are amazing and that's what I'll talk about here because I met them for the first time on my recent visit. There are two locations - a gallery toward the middle/south end of "Front" street, and a studio toward the north end of "Front" street right across from Sunbreeze Suites. I ordered a painting and requested pickup; it was ready for me and the transaction was fast and easy. Toward the end of my trip, I remembered that I had promised to bring back some bookmarks for a friend so I ordered them via Facebook Messenger from Melody's staff, paid via PayPal, and they had a staff member run them up the street from the gallery to the studio so I didn't even have to walk down the block when I was short on time. Everyone on the island is doing an exceptional job of being careful about COVID-19, and Melody's staff is no exception. Masks, sanitizer, and social distancing are all in play in the gallery and the studio, and they even have handmade masks and mask-tethers that you can buy to look fashionable while you stay safe. Please know that I am telling the unvarnished truth even though I know the owner: this place will give you some gorgeous items to bring home from La Isla Bonita for all your friends and family. And best of all, you will be supporting local Belizean artists and their families when you purchase items from this company.Written 6 December 2020
- Dance with the drums and eat all of the food! Miss Julia is the most perfect host! I did not know that tamales could be made with plantain! Delicious...Written 17 May 2022
- We walked by the place at night and it was locked up like Fort Knox with metal hurricane shutters, so I guess I was expecting something more. Some tropical wear, limited selection of mens, women's (geared to the 20's crowd), children's clothing and small kitchen appliances. Some Aeropostale t-shirts from several seasons ago. Did not shop upstairs. Worth a stop if you forgot something at home, but I wouldn't go out of my way to shop here.Written 24 March 2015
- We were a group of 9 girls and Z, Siete, Jose and Danny took such good care of us. We felt safe and had a lot of fun too! We went far out and began snorkeling seeing 3 large sea turtles! Highlight of the trip for me! Siete was so informative while snorkeling, explaining the coral reef and the various underwater animals. Jose was the best bartender, there was always a drink in my hand. Aside from alcohol there were delicious snacks and meals throughout the excursion. I’m still dreaming of the French toast ham&cheese. Z was also very nice, explaining what we should be doing and making sure we were all having a good time! Later on we got to swim with nursing sharks which was an amazing experience and not at all scary. Once all the exploring was done, we set sail on a ride back to San Pedro filled with alcohol and good jams. Danced all the way back to the dock. I would 1000% come back to San Pedro JUST for this tour! I highly recommend!Written 21 September 2022
- This was our second experience with the food tour!! We did the lunch tour in April! This time we did the dinner tour!! I can not say enough about the booking experience! Dora is very quick and accommodating of our group of 14! Melba, our host, well, she is amazing! Knowledgeable, friendly and overall great person! And the food...all of it, every stop, was to die for!! Great experience for first time visitors and foodies! You will not leave hungry or disappointed!Written 14 September 2022
- We did quite a few tours with this company and we're very pleased with all of them. The first tour we did was on the catamaran to go snorkeling and then go to Shark Ray alley to swim with nurse sharks and the staff were amazing and the best snorkeling we have ever done! After we did the combo to Mayan Ruins, zip lining, and cave tubing our tour guides name was Tahoe and he was amazing. He was very educated on the culture and what Belize had to offer to us, he showed us some cool places and fun to be around all dayWritten 11 September 2022
- if you are looking into a dive shop in san pedro, i highly recommend this . from the time i sent them my first email, they were very responsive and answered all my questions. it has been 4 years since my last scuba diving and had a lot of questions, and they responded to all of them and were very kind. i had a great experience. diving in belize was absolutely amazing, the best place iv seen. my instructor was Josh and he is a very good teacher. he gave me tips on how to improve my dive and it definitely helped me, and iv been using my new skills since. the boat is smaller compared to other dive shops i used in san pedro.Written 21 September 2022
- My group of 7 was looking for a private, relaxing, and fun boat ride for my birthday without any other guests so that we could have more flexibility in plans and space to celebrate. Our crew was so accommodating and fun and took great pictures!! They took us to some beautiful spots and the food was amazing. Would recommend 10/10!Written 25 August 2022
- The best golf cart company on the island. One call and Mike is there, no matter what. We use him for all our golf cart needsWritten 24 April 2022
- Fabulous! We especially liked that we could book for just the three of us. We had such a good time on our original snorkel tour that we booked two more tours while we were there (one more snorkel and one dive tour). Maryann in the office is so accommodating, and the captains and guides were all great. Highly recommend!Written 4 July 2022
- I just got SSI open water certified at Seastar/Elite with Chino and it was an absolutely amazing experience. I did the online class ahead and then arrived here and Chino showed me everything I needed to know to dive safely. He was so calm and thorough, he really put me at ease when I was figuring out how it all works for the very first time. There is shallow clear calm water 2 min from the dock, that's where you practice, it was like a giant pool! And then you just go another 2 min to the reef for your open water dives! It was an incredible experience. They were also so flexible with my schedule.
And then! We went to Hol Chan for our last dive! MUST DO. The captain and dive master were so great, they took us to Shark Alley to snorkel with soooo many nurse sharks! and then we dove at Hol Chan. Sea turtles, flounder, eagle rays, eels, shrimp, crazy beautiful fish. It was an amaaaazing dive. Highly recommend!!
Can't wait to come back, thank you Chino and the whole team at Elite!Written 20 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about San Pedro
- The best outdoor activities in San Pedro according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in San Pedro on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from San Pedro according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Hol Chan Full-Day Bucket List Snorkeling and Marine Life Tour
- Private full day charter
- Cave Tubing and Zipline Adventure (Boat Transfer)
- Hol Chan, Shark Ray Full-Day Snorkeling Tour From San Pedro Belize
- Private Full-Day Reef Fishing Tour with Snorkeling and Beach BBQ