Nature & Wildlife Areas • Hiking Trails
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
4 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Went specifically to see the bonsai collection and was quite impressed by the variety, age, and styles. A nice place to spend an afternoon.Written 23 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful Garden Perfect for Photos. This garden is always so beautifully maintained and the perfect location for a picturesque stroll just off national mallWritten 3 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Use this Nature Center as your base to find the elusive Capitol stones, hike through Rock Creek Park, or join the Planetarium programming.
Accessible by public transportation and well maintained trails.Written 31 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I cam across this garden during a walk and entered on a whim. It was winter and raining so I did not see it at its best. It comprises a large garden surrounding the Washington international school housed in a large old mansion and the garden surrounds it on three sides. The entrances are off Macomb street and Klingle road. The garden is historic and includes many old trees, shrubs and no doubt flowers in summer. There are two main trails to follow - one which follows the Macomb stream and the other, the meadow trail, goes right around the garden to, at the Klingle road end, a lily pond. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.Written 31 May 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Washington DC
- These places are best for nature & wildlife areas in Washington DC:See more nature & wildlife areas in Washington DC on Tripadvisor