- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
10 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Endless options for independent movies and movies from all over the world. Friendly staff and reliable first releases that are diverse and often extraordinary. A real gem and anchor for movie lovers.Written 2 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went to AMC Loews Georgetown this past Sat (12/16/17) to see Star Wars: Last Jedi with hundreds of my new friends/acquaintances at this theatre----it is a multiplex with numerous screens, nice concession stand (but crazy high prices!!!) and 40 min of commercials then coming attractions....nice "larger seats" with cupholders, nice screen size, and polite staff....and the movie was very good...no spoliers hereWritten 18 December 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Seats are falling apart a bit like in many older theaters, but I'd never been to a movie theater with a balcony and sitting in the balcony to see Thor on a really big screen was great!Written 14 December 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Whether we come to DC we catch a movie here. The neighborhood provides many dining options, and the theater is nice. Staff is always friendly and polite. A well run theater for sure!!Written 19 January 2020
- Where to start. A few snacks were more than the overpriced tickets we bought. We had gone to a Regal Imax in Nashville 2 nights prior for a much better value. The service was mediocre at best and staff seemed disinterested at best. Maybe it was just an off day for some reason, but it was opening day for F9 and they knew it would be busy so they should have had the A team in.Written 2 July 2021
- Perfect Theater just across the Street from our hotel, so ideal. The Popcorn was good, the seats really comfortable and the movie (Yesterday) hilarious. A nice escape from the busy city.Written 18 April 2020
- Just 1 block from the Union Market and across from Gallaudet University this arthouse theatre is a perfect little spot to view a movie. We did not purchase tickets ahead of time and were surprised to be able to walk right in without waiting - especially since it was the opening weekend of a first-run movie. They have beer on tap, in bottles as well as traditional "movie fare" Great spotWritten 10 July 2017
- We watched a live podcast performance here and really appreciated the gorgeous interior of this traditional theatre.
It’s quirky and beautiful and enhanced our experience of the show.Written 22 October 2019
- Went to a showing of Dream Big 3D and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was educational and thrilling at the same time. The story line was great and the photos perfect. With the 3D aspect, you felt like you were on top of the world--literally. Great experience.Written 13 April 2017
- It's been well over a decade since my last visit to the West End, but they're still at their indie & foreign film shows. New and more comfortable seats. Same tiny snack stand. Good sound and screen (three small theaters). We saw the Oscar-nominated documentaries. Not the best crop ever and sort of depressing on the whole, bit they had one heartening film on the empowering impact of sanitary napkins on women on an Indian village.Written 28 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Washington DC
- These are the best places for kid-friendly movie theatres in Washington DC:See more movie theatres for children in Washington DC on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking movie theatres in Washington DC:See more movie theatres for couples in Washington DC on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly movie theatres in Washington DC:See more budget-friendly movie theatres in Washington DC on Tripadvisor